“Great for authentic plate lunches”

Tasty Crust Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 101 Restaurants in Wailuku
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner
Reviewed 31 July 2014

More betta than L & L. Local places this old has to be serving up delicious food or they would go out of business.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

A local spot that we came across searching for a late breakfast. The place is very unpretentious and filled with locals. Everyone was very friendly and we were made to feel welcome. The pancakes are perfection from a griddle and my omelet and short stack were great and my wife's banana pancakes were wonderful. I'm kind of torn placing this review, I hope they can keep their local feel.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

This is the place where local people come for a tasty, filling, decently-priced breakfast. The sign outside said "best pancakes", but I opted for a noodle dish, saimin. That was a really filling choice because there were more noodles in the dish than there was the broth! Very tasty. Other members in my group had the usual breakfast fare, saying that it was satisfying and tasted the way they expected it to taste. The morning we went, the place was absolutely filled with families with kids of all ages. Great place to feel like you're eating in someone's home, not in a restaurant.

Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

Best pancakes ever! No matter how full you are, there's always room for pancakes...at least here. A local restaurant that has been on maui since before I can remember with local grinds. Some items I'll steer clear from, hamburgers, since their patties changed, but the saimin, combo plate, spare ribs, and pancakes are...."winnahs". My kids love this place...and so does my family. It is a family restaurant with great prices.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

In local jargon this means "tasty eats" and certainly describes this Maui dining experience and institution! Not many tourists find the place, let alone would see it as a great place for delicious, reasonably priced, meals. Nothing fancy. No frills. Just consistently fine food.