“Awful, really bad...didn't eat my Chicken Katchu it was so bad”
Review of Mike's Restaurant

Mike's Restaurant
Ranked #66 of 103 Restaurants in Wailuku
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Awful, really bad...didn't eat my Chicken Katchu it was so bad. I had the dinner wrapped up and gave it to my friend who was dining with me to take home, even though I was hungry. Her meal looked awful, but I didn't ask, because it was her idea to go here. I'll never go back. Staff was not nice, they provided 1 napkin per meal at cash register for you, they seemed unhappy or depressed, the place was practically empty, the owners sat down and had a big time chatting and talking at a main table. It was not like any business I have been in.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

We just ate there while driving back to Kaanapali. We thought, how could you miss with Chinese food inWailuku? I'll tell you how; by eating at Mike's. When we walked in, it looked like stale, greasy food in those trays. We should have left at the sight of it. No, we were hungry. We ordered sea food mien and chicken ball mien. Both plates were hot but the meat was indescribable. I did recognize 2 small shrimps on my plate. The other stuff was soft and slippery??? My wife's chicken was fat and chewy. We didn't get sick, luckily.

1  Thank cyrnos
Reviewed 2 June 2013

I remember eating here before they changed the name and expanded the dining area and I know why this is an award-winning restaurant. I thoroughly enjoyed my garlic shrimp with a nice, juicy and perfectly seasoned steak! Unbelievably, together that was just $12.99! It had rice and mac salad with it. Sadly, I found the macaroni salad to be on the sour side. The shoyu chicken, the chow mein and the crispy wontons were flavorful, too! Nice and hardworking employees and did not have to wait too long for the meals! There are over 50 items on their menu and I plan to try it all!

Reviewed 23 February 2013

Probably the worst chinese food i have eaten anywhere. The Ribs were mainly gristle.Cold and inedible. My wife threw hers away. The Dr. Pepper was the best part of the meal.

1  Thank johnbezant
Reviewed 10 July 2012

We stopped for lunch on the Fourth of July (when very few places were open). Food is Asian and was good and plentiful. Most was prepared and available on a steam table (but not self-service). It was nice to see what you were getting. The Sesame Chicken and Orange Chicken were favorites.