“July 4th Dinner Cruise”
Review of Pride of Maui

Pride of Maui
More attraction details
Owner description: Maui Snorkel Adventure Tours to Molokini Crater, Turtle Town, and other premier Maui snorkeling destinations.
Reviewed 5 July 2014

What an amazing company! The folks that own and operate this cruise boot do the best job I have ever experienced. From the young woman who is the captain to the bartenders to the amazing scenery to the most beautiful sunset, this was the best cruise I have taken and I've taken many.

The food was incredible and prepared by the staff in their own kitchen.

The fire works were incredible, with the boat perfectly positioned.

I strongly recommend a dinner cruise with these fine folks.

2  Thank rcancill
Scott T, Director, Executive Vice President at Pride of Maui, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2014

Aloha,

Thank You for taking the time to review our performance on the annual July 4th Fireworks Cruise aboard the Pride of Maui. I'm very proud of my team and after 40 years in the business, really appreciate folks like yourself taking the time to share their experience with other's.

I'm pleased that you enjoyed the food so much. Our executive chef and her team really put a lot of work into the food component of this event. Let us know if you'd like the recipes for any of the food you enjoyed. We've already been asked for the apple pie recipe from a number of guests on the cruise. Someone else asked how we made the baked beans so fresh flavorful.

I'm not sure if you are one of our returning local residents who join us every year on this cruise, or this was your first time with us. We hope you will join us next year when again we will strive to exceed your expectations.

We sincerely appreciate your business and compliments.

Scott Turner
Director
Executive Vice President

Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

This was a 4th of July dinner tour. We received a sample menu with chicken and fish choices and other quality food. We were served hot dogs, hamburgers, dried out chi bed and ribs that were gone before most people ate. They also had cheese and crackers that again, we gone in about 10 minutes. With the meal, we were given over cooked mushy corn on the cob, baked beans, and what tasted like week old dried up corn bread. To top this off, there was no place to sit and eat! Try eating with 20 mile per hour winds and no tables. This is not what was portrayed on their website. Past dinner cruises that we experienced in maui had tables and we ordered and were brought our food. This was poor food and a ridiculous price! I guess we paid for other people to be given an open bar. Do not use this company! You will not get what you paid for!!!

2  Thank Tbertram

Aloha,

It was all I could do to wait a day to respond to this review, because of the work our team puts into this cruise, every year. I was confident that other guests would submit their reviews with appreciation for all that we do to make this an unforgettable experience. Honest, comprehensive reviews from customers who understand our market are always appreciated. Its unfortunate there are some who we are unable to satisfy no matter how hard we work. Our July 4 fireworks cruise sells out months in advance and roughly half of our guests are local customers who return each year. The reason is simple. My team loves every aspect of this cruise and are passionate about the guest experience. Our chefs start planning the food weeks in advance. Everything they prepare is made from scratch. They each take on specific food items and compete to see who's is the best. The beans bake over 6 hours at low heat to fuse the wonderful flavors of molasses, pure maple syrup, onions and savory bacon. The cornbread is made with the finest cornmeal and buttermilk and baked just hours before the cruise. The apple pies baking in the kitchen smelled like Christmas. Crisp green apples are paired with cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and fresh squeezed lemon juice, then tossed into a buttery, flaky pastry dough. The "to die for" apple pie is topped with home made whipped cream. The chicken and baby back ribs are slow roasted in special marinades to retain their juices. Both are tender and juicy. The corn on the cobb is grilled on the boat, then dunked in a tangy chili lime sauce. We grilled big juicy burgers and jumbo hot dogs right onboard and served them fresh off the barbie with all the fix ins. The food truly was incredible in the words of many, many of or other guests including one who also reviewed this cruise on tripadvisor.

Our fully stocked open bar included top shelf spirits. We served four different local micro brewed beers, four nice wines from Napa and other prestigious regions. Grey Goose Vodka, Bombay Sapphire Gin, Makers Mark Whiskey, Crown Royal, Patron Tequila were some of the labels we stocked. Guests enjoyed blended drinks, mai-tai and martinis from the finest distilleries.

We operate the largest Maxi Power Catamaran on Maui and are Coast Guard certified for 149 passengers. On the July 4 cruise, we operate with about half our total capacity, so that all of our passengers have plenty of room to comfortably move throughout the entire boat, on both decks. Five crew members spend over 2 hours decorating the boat with an abundance of red, white and blue decor to keep our guests in the spirit throughout the cruise.

Ours is a 3 hour cruise, aboard a spacious and stable vessel, decorated to the hilt, serving freshly prepared incredible food, premium open bar, a three piece band, and six crew members attending to your needs. We cruised along the scenic coast, enjoyed a beautiful sunset, followed by a fabulous fireworks show which our guests enjoyed from our sprawling observation deck, as the fireworks burst overhead and reflected over the ocean surrounding them. We've already taken reservations for next year's cruise from some of the guests who were aboard this year's fireworks cruise. I'm looking forward to more reviews from guests who recognize and appreciate the work we put into this exceptional event each year. Thank You for taking time to read my response.

Scott Turner
Director
Executive Vice president

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Great food and service, Very personable and knowledgeable crew. They went out of their way to make sure everyone was having a good time. Weather was incredible and the snorkeling in Molikini was amazing! The water was so clear! We also went to Turtle Town and saw a couple turtles while we were snorkeling there! The Warm showers after snorkeling were a very nice treat too!!! The kids really enjoyed the slide! One of the people even brought an octopus on board for everyone to see then they released it back to the ocean! Definitely would do again!!!

1  Thank Mallett_Family
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Love snorkeling in Maui. Weather was bad and Molokini was not an option. Went to Turtle town instead and only saw 1 turtle, not the boats fault. The crew was pleasant and very accommodating and made the best of a rough weather situation. Had a good time and will definitely be back.

1  Thank Ski-Dave-Ski
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Went on the snorkeling excursion and I have to say it was AMAZING! The entire crew was very personable and accommodated the guests in any way they could. Unfortunately, I did get sea sick (not usual for me) but the entire crew, even the captain, checked on me often. The food was good and plentiful, and since I could not eat at the time (for fear of further sickness), I was allowed to take a plate of food with me so that I could eat it later. The unlimited bar was great for my friends, and the overall atmosphere on the boat was quite enjoyable.
As for the snorkeling, the reefs were gorgeous and I saw many turtles. The crew knew exactly where to look for them and swam us right to them, reminding us of course to keep our distance so as not to bother them. For those that preferred to stick around the boat, the swimming was nice and I even saw some enjoying the slide that was attached to the front of the boat.
So to recap, the staff was great, the atmosphere was great, the food was good and plentiful, and the snorkeling was great! I would have to say this experience was worth every penny, especially considering it cost under $50 a person!