“Adventures in the middle of The Pacific Ocean.”
Review of Pride of Maui

Pride of Maui
More attraction details
Owner description: Maui Snorkel Adventure Tours to Molokini Crater, Turtle Town, and other premier Maui snorkeling destinations.
Bishop, California
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Adventures in the middle of The Pacific Ocean.”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

On Maui, an ordinary day could be an extraordinary and adventurous day when we partner with Pride of Maui. Mother nature can do whatever it wants. But, Pride of Maui does anything that is possible to control safety, comfort and lots of fun. Pride of Maui is not just a name is also their motto which has been carry with authentic PRIDE. Mahalo POM

1 Thank Adelina F

Alpharetta, Georgia
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Day trip on Leilani”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Sorry I forgot the name of the captain and the two crew members we had on our day trip on "Leilani". It felt like a chartered trip as we were only 30 on the boat and the captain knew his stuff.

Molokini was our second stop and we almost had the entire Molokini to ourselves as we went there when all other boats left between 11 and 12. We have enough time to snorkel and enjoyed the many varieties of fish and saw some turtles on our first stop.

The crew was great and friendly, the breakfast was just enough and the burgers were as good as they can get on a boat :) There were no shortage for soft drinks and the mai tai's after snorkeling were just right with the local rum.

Thanx we had fun and some great photos!

Phoenix, Arizona
“THEY SHOULD BE PROUD!!!!”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I am sorry in getting this review up late, I am still talking about it here on the mainland though! Patrick our Captain and his crew were the best! Talk about attention to detail from the check in , morning breakfast, snorkel equipment and how to guides,.The two reefs we went to and the lunch! All I can say is WOW! WOW! WOW! If we were not on the Pride of America cruise from July 5th to July 12 and had to leave we would do this over and over again. Then Mai Tais and Beer along with macadamia nut cookies...are you kidding me ?. This was such a fun experience but the staff and the superb service made it such a pleasure. I can see why they call it the Pride of Maui.
Thank you Patrick and crew! Kristy and Kathy

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing morning!”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We really enjoyed our trip on the pride of maui. The crew were so friendly and helpful! I would highly recommend the molokini and turtle town trip.

1 Thank Natbryan
Hong Kong, null, Hong Kong
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Get me off!”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

First of all, I made the mistake of booking the smaller "Leilani" boat from the website when I thought I was booking the larger Pride of Maui boat. (Be sure you know what you are booking!) Secondly, there was a south swell in the waters that did not allow for the usual snorkeling spots. To eat up time, the boat cruised around and then finally got to the only spot to snorkel: Molokini. When we anchored, the water was so choppy! Not only me, but everyone was so seasick. After the snorkel session, the boat continued on past the harbor to eat up more time. This felt like torture. The Captain and the Crew were all very nice, but I just wished if the conditions were not going to be good, then we could have had been warned in advance and allowed a choice to go or not.

6 Thank annjlin
Scott T, Director / VP at Pride of Maui, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Aloha,

Thank you for your time in reviewing our trip.

I sympathize with your disappointment with the weather and sea conditions. I also can personally relate to the days at sea when Mother Nature shows up, curveballs in hand. Unfortunately, due to the exposure and large volume of water surrounding the Hawaiian Islands, as well as other variables, it is not possible on most days to know what the conditions are like at each of our snorkel destinations, while sitting in the calm of the protected harbor, or looking out into the bay. Marine weather forecasts are certainly helpful, although not specific to a defined snorkel area. It can be very windy at one location and flat as a lake at another site, just a few miles up or down the coast. It requires leaving the harbor, communicating with other operators and sometimes traveling to locations where the wind and waves have the least affect, or where the water is calmest.

There are those few days when we are simply not able to access the pristine conditions we so often enjoy. What you perceived as “burning time’, was the Captain’s diligent efforts to take you to a location offering the best conditions, which at times includes driving past the harbor and heading toward calmer waters.

Nearly 40 years of charter experience has paved the way for our success. It is during these times that we counter with our ability to improvise, and provide the best possible options with the best possible service.

We take great pride in our vessel, Leilani, in that she has the resourcefulness to exercise these options in a prompt and expeditious manner. Her freedom as a swift boat, combined with her lower passenger count provide exciting alternatives that other vessels cannot match. It is this reason that our passengers are able to take in more of Maui's sights, and slip away from the crowd.

Once again, we are grateful for your feedback, and I am sorry that you feel there was a mistake in choice. The alternate option, our flagship Pride Of Maui, has tremendous upside for those who worry about conditions at sea, and a propensity for sea-sickness. At 65 feet, she is the largest and most stable Maxi Power Catamaran on Maui.

I wholly understand your discouragement with the weather conditions. We hope to have you back in the future, perhaps upon our flagship this time. Or perhaps during a more agreeable weather period, so that you can enjoy all that Maui snorkeling has to offer.

Scott Turner