“Totally worth the drive!”

Julia's Banana Bread
Ranked #2 of 105 Restaurants in Wailuku
Cuisines: American, Hawaiian
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Awesome banana bread!! What else is there to say? Totally worth the drive. Actually met Julia this time. Fantastic lady and very friendly!

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Friends said we must stop here on our way around West Maui for the banana bread and they were correct. Food is great, liliko'i lemonade is fabulous (strawberry mint a close second), and the conversation is even better.
This is not a trek for those coming in for a long weekend as it take a while to get around the narrow, tight turns but it should definitely be in the plan for any longer stay. If you like banana bread and looking for a great place to chill at a picnic table away from the Maui crowds, you should head here. This is the Maui most never get to experience!

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Ooooops! We did not notice the Stop sign. The road had been paved beyond it, and we were so busy checking out the views. Then the road narrowed, but still paved, and we realized where we were and decided to continue. After all it was now paved.

Julia has a small little stand. A young girl was working it. We bought a couple of loaves @ $7 each and some lilikoi butter and hubby bought a lot of other nuts and stuff. Then we sat at the table nearby and had a picnic. It was lovely.

I love that butter. The bread was deelish too! Wish we had bought a few more loaves. Met people who love it and then met others who like the bread on the other end of the island. Different tastes. We tried many and liked them all, either for the story behind (single dad selling macadamia nut bread near Hana), to most moist (Julia's).

We made a U turn and came back as we wanted to stop at the sights we had passed by before. Met some cars who were going both ways. Not many, but a few. Not for the faint-hearted, but then nothing as bad as it was 25 years ago and there was no Julia in those days, just mary-juane farms :)

Reviewed 13 June 2014

We heard this banana bread was awesome, so when we were up past Nakalele Point we decided to check it out. Be aware- the road is VERY narrow- narrower than the Road to Hana- and you have to go back the way you came (on the side of the cliff).

The banana bread WAS very good. We also bought coconut covered cashews, even better. Couldn't convince my husband to take home passionfruit butter- next time :)

1  Thank Nina J
Reviewed 24 May 2014

I had to laugh when reading previous reviews of Julia's Banana Bread. When folks say the bread is worth the drive it brought a smile. First I will describe the bread and how wonderful it is. The bread is moist, fresh, and takes you on a taste bud journey to enjoy. Julia's also has flavored nut that are worth of mentioning.

Now the drive to get this bread. Fear factor comes to mind. When someone says the road is narrow I smile. I describe the road as one lane with turn outs. My knuckles were white, my teeth clinched and if I were a God fearing person I would have been praying. Thankfully no one in the car experiences car sickness.

Now back to the bread. It is delicious. My daughter-n-law bought four loaves to take home with her. The owners encourage you to sample and please do as it is a quick sell when you experience the bread.

The woman (doubt it was Julia but maybe) offered to take group photo's for us and we sure appreciated it.

Shirley in Oregon