“Great shave ice but Coconut candy even better!”

Lorraine's Shave Ice
Ranked #3 of 5 Dessert in Wailuku
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

If you drive up to Kahakaloa head, you have to stop at Lorraine's for shave ice, excellent banana cream pie and coconut candy, which is addictive!!!
Nice people and a very picturesque place to sit and eat.
Ask Lorraine for the "cheap entertainment!"

2  Thank drcrusty

Reviewed 23 July 2014

If you do not go here you are missing one of the best things on Maui. Lorraine and I go way back and I used to live in Kihei, I always came to visit her and shoot the breeze and tell each other stories, I will miss her banana bread and secret coconut stuff and everything else. She is an original part of Maui and I will try and come back even though I am moving to Cape Town, I could not come to Maui and not go there, She is my friend after all these years and she is a real person, Go visit her

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Absolutely the most wonderful place to visit on Maui. The Aloha spirit is over the top. Lorraine and her husband have a wonderful place with the best banana bread, incredible pies, toasted coconut, even beef jerky. Lorraine makes it all fresh everyday! They grow all their ingredients with beautiful banana trees, coconuts and bunches more - even awesome basil plants that they give you to lovely leaves to take home. You can sit and watch dolphins off Lorraine's back patio. You shouldn't miss it and the drive is spectacular.

3  Thank Maui1221
Reviewed 2 May 2014

We were recommended to visit Auntie Lorraine's place by our tour guide Alicia. So happy we ventured out on that side of Maui. We were told we had to try her banana creame pie and boy was it amazing. We also had her banana bread, her Hana flavored coconut chips ( to die for) and one of the best shave ice around. Everything was excellent but what made it special for us was Auntie Lorraine.

My 5 year old daughter had complained of an itch from a bug bite and she quickly went to get some aloe to sooth her. She invited us to her backyard to relax and eat our desserts. Oh, what a view!!! She has lived at that house all of her life and she feels blessed everyday for that and can't blame her. We must have sat there for about two hours talking to her and she is truly genuine and an amazing person that has left a special mark in our hearts. Before we left, I had made mentioned that I have yet to try the famous Maui pineapples. She asked me to wait and came back with a huge bag of flavored li hing mui pineapples. I am Asian and this just made my day...absolutely love this woman.

If you get the opportunity to stop by, it is off the unbeaten path a bit but so worth the trip. We only hope to have the opportunity to visit her again!

1  Thank Hollie N