Friendly hosts. Quiet , private location. A little overpriced for what you got. (Perhaps if breakfast had been provided each morning??) Here is the summary:
1. Good pillows
2. Appreciated extras included: cooler, beach chairs, beach umbrella (broken, but it did the job in providing shade), coffee, condiments in fridge, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, Q-tips, make up removal pads.
4. Well stocked kitchen
5. Beautiful shower, great water pressure
6. Delicious banana bread (and fruit) provided in fridge for our first morning.
Suggestions for improvements:
1. Window coverings - some windows had no coverings, or partial curtains that didn't cover the whole window. Although cottage was in a private area, would have appreciated full privacy when dressing, sleeping, showering, etc.
2. Very soft bed. Good for some, but we prefer a firm mattress.
3. Worn kitchen appliances, all functional. Fridge door stained with rust , handle dirty.
4. No kettle.
5. No kitchen table in cabin. 2 stools at counter were awkward to eat at as there was no overhang. Table provided outside, however, many bugs visited when we attempted to eat outdoors. Ended up eating seated on the floor around the coffee table.
6. Perhaps a smoker stayed in cabin previously, as when we returned at the end of the day and it had been closed up, there was a hint of a cigarette smell.
7. Full set of stainless pots would be appreciated. (Only one small pot was stainless.) A couple teflon pans/pots had scratches.
My husband and I were looking for a place to stay for our 5 year anniversary. We wanted to stay on the tropical side of the Island, since on our first trip we were in Kaanapali which is much dryer. The cottage is in a great location. It's super close to downtown Wailuku where there's a nice coffee shop and lots of boutiques and galleries . It's a short drive to Kahului shopping center and the main airport, and it's super close to the wonderful scenic hiking in Iao Valley. The cottage itself has all the main amenities and has a much more relaxed feel to it than staying at a hotel, since there's not the constant flow of people around you. We both really enjoyed staying there, and we wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.
Pronounce Yao-Valley. Finding it is easy, once you know how. Simple, direct route from airport, but entrance is somewhat hidden . Look for #80 on right — recommend arrival before dark. Property is gated, owner will email/text you the digital code. Driveway, go extremely slow, is combination concrete and dirt road; somewhat narrow.
Once you arrive, you’re in a garden paradise, next to river/waterfalls. Stay in cottage is very private — lanai with view, grass area also for sitting. Hosts are accommodating, but respectful of your privacy.
My husband and our two kids thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Tamara's and Bob's Private Cottage and Gazebo. The property is quaint and peaceful. My kids especially enjoyed their privacy in the Gazebo, the natural waterfall steps away from their doorstep, exploring nature on the property, and catching geckos. My husband and I enjoyed a cup of coffee next to the waterfall and/or porch every morning and the quietness of the property. The owners Tamara and Bob were incredibly friendly and kind. Due to a morning excursion, we needed layers of jackets. Without hesitation, Tamara let use borrow theirs...that was very nice of her!
This is the perfect piece of paradise. Secluded, yet within easy access to most of the island. Once you turn up Iao Valley Road, it's like you entered another world. We couldn't believe how relaxing and beautiful the location and cottage were. Instant happiness! We loved being away from the typical tourist lodgings and noise. This place is awesome! Falling asleep to the frogs croaking and the sound of the waterfall, waking up to the birds singing...no words really describe it. The hosts, Tamara and Bob, were super nice and helpful. They have lived on the property for many years and provide a wealth of information for the asking. So glad we found this place. You won't be disappointed. Be sure to look for Bow!
I cannot say enough about how wonderful our stay was at the Iao Valley Inn cottage. What gem!! We loved the seclusion, quiet, privacy, and tropical location. The cottage is fully equipped for all of your needs. Lovely tropical furnishings include a king size bed. The patio or lanai is covered and has comfortable outdoor seating and dining table. Perfect for enjoying the tropical setting and the lovely sound of the waterfall. Yes, there is a waterfall on the property as the Iao Valley stream runs thru the property. A real bonus. In addition to the cottage, there is a small detached gazebo which comes rented with the cottage and has been turned into a lovely bedroom. We never wanted to leave the premises, it was so lovely. However, when we did, it was only a short 10 minute ride into Kahalui and the airport was no more than 15 minutes away. We found the location was perfect for touring the Hana side of the island as well as upcountry and Haleakala. If you seek a place that allows you to experience the real Hawaii this cottage is certainly it. Hosts Bob and Tamara could not be more genuine and helpful. Highly recommended. A real value for the price.
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Kitchen & utensils|
|Friends getaway||People with disabilities|
|Older travelers||People with pets|