We stayed at the Old Wailuku for 2 nights during our honeymoon. We stayed there to be closer to the town of Wailuku and also to be closer to the Haleakala crater. When we arrived at the inn we were a bit concerned as we did not know quite what to do and there were no people. However, once we figured it out, we got our keys and our adorable 2nd floor room. The stairs were a bit steep, but we managed to drag our luggage up. The bed was one of the most comfortable I've ever slept in.
We got up very early the next morning to see the sunrise at Haleakala and returned in time for a WONDERFUL breakfast. They accomodated all of our dietery requests and were very nice. The next morning we had to have breakfast earlier than the serving time and they provided a delightful "continental" breakfast which was better than most regular breakfasts!!
The guests at this hotel were very diverse and it was fun to get to know them. The inn does not have large grounds and isn't somewhere we would have stayed more than 2 nights. That said, we are glad that we stayed there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Maui's historic Inn. Down to the smallest detail, it represents 1920s Hawaii at its best, intertwined with the conveniences and luxuries the modern travelers expect. Located in the heart of Maui - short drive to beautiful beaches, lush golf courses, great restaurants, shopping centers, and most major visitor attractions. Ten minutes from Kahului Airport. Amenities include: All private Baths, daily maid service, daily changing full two course gourmet breakfast, free wifi, complimentary Parking onsite, no resort fees ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Old Wailuku Inn at Ulupono reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Old Wailuku Inn At Ulupono Hotel Wailuku
- Old Wailuku Inn At Ulupono Maui, Hawaii