Excellent! Recently I had to visit Maui for a friends wedding. I made my arrangements for travel and accomodations at the last minute. After using trip advisor to locate accomodations in the area of the Iao Valley I had the good fortune to stay with Tom and Janice the proprietors at The Old Wailuku Inn at Ulupono.
I arrived late at night and found my way from the airport to the inn with great ease thanks to the impeccable directions provided. My room was perfect. Clean, welcoming and tastefully furnished.
After opening the windows in the room a warm gentle breeze blew in the scent of island flora the garden.
It was now time to shower after the long flight. Showering Nirvana! Count them, six shower heads in the overly spacious shower. The towels were plentiful, clean and most of all very soft. Soap, shampoo, bath gel and bathing salt and a hair dryer were also provided.
Exhausted from traveling and now relaxed from the shower it was time to hit the pillows for some well deserved sleep. The bed was very comforatable. It was like a giant pillow that craddled me to sleep. I slept like a baby as the warm island breezes passed gently through the room.
Breakfast was another great surprise. I was greeted by the aroma of fresh brewed coffee and hot meals being prepared.
As I arrived for breakfast at the main house other guests were out on the elevated porch overlooking the garden as well as in the great room that sits in the center of the other guest rooms. Both the porch and great room are nice places to sit and have coffee, read or visit with other guests.
Breakfast is served just off the great room in a separate room that is well lit by the moring sun. Two large tables with settings for all the guest are prepared. Guests are welcome to sit where ever they like. Breakfast is served promptly at 8:00 am.
and it was delicious. Tom and Janice are well prepared to offer you a nice morning meal. Before you arrive at the Inn you are sent an email asking if there are any foods you do not like or cannot eat. Tom and Janice will try to provide you with a healthy and delicious alternative. There is a daily breakfast menu prepared in your room so you can see what the following days breakfast will be.
Once the meals are served Tom and Janice both make time to visit with each of their guests. They show genuine care when offering suggestions and directions on how to best visit Maui's sites. Be sure to also ask other guests what they did on the prior day. That is great way to learn more about sites to visit.
Breakfast seems to be the best time to share stories about your adventures.
Before you leave for the day Tom and Janice offer beach towels, beach mats, cold drinks, coolers, light snacks, sandals and directions for your days sightseeing trip.
If you decide to visit Hana ask about the narrative CD you can play in your car while driving to Hana. The CD is a funny and offers information and music from two island characters. While it is a little campy the CD is well worth having with you on the drive. It points out items that you might just drive. I am really glad I took it with me.
Hana is about 3 hours away and the road has hundreds of tight curves and places where the road drops down to a single lane for both directions. Although it seems that everyone is very respectful of each other and if you show the same courtesy the drive will be very enjoyable.
If you have the good fortune to stay at the Old Wailuku Inn at Ulupono you will experience the true Spirit of Aloha. I felt like I was staying with ohana (family)
Make sure and tell Janice and Tom that Paul from Las Vegas sends his best regards and he looks forward to thier visit to Las Vegas.
Mahalo Tom and Janice I am so glad that I found The Old Wailuku Inn at Ulupono. I hope to return to stay with you again very soon
Las Vegas, NV
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Maui's historic Inn. Down to the smallest detail, it represents 1920s Hawaii at its best, intertwined with the conveniences and luxuries the modern travelers expect. Located in the heart of Maui - short drive to beautiful beaches, lush golf courses, great restaurants, shopping centers, and most major visitor attractions. Ten minutes from Kahului Airport. Amenities include: All private Baths, daily maid service, daily changing full two course gourmet breakfast, free wifi, complimentary Parking onsite, no resort fees ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Old Wailuku Inn at Ulupono reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Old Wailuku Inn At Ulupono Hotel Wailuku
- Old Wailuku Inn At Ulupono Maui, Hawaii