“great crispy manju” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
honolulu
“great crispy manju”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2013

the only thing I get here is their crispy manju. think crispy, flaky layers of goodness with a surprise filling. traditional flavors are sweet beans but my favorites are peanut butter, chocolate, and coconut. they also have sweet potato, apple, peach and pineapple. its the only thing I bring back from Maui for family and friends.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank koabug

“Ono food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2013 via mobile

Their doughnuts is awesome. Always brings back childhood memories. Their service was awesome. Never seem to have to wait long for anything. LOVE IT!!

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank StayRooted808
Seattle
“Malasadas good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2013

We tried the Kihei location. I didn't see any pastries that are described at the other locations. Bummer.

I was dying to have malasadas again as it's been a decade since I've last had them. They just don't taste like I remember them. But they were good. They are fried donuts. You can get them lightly dusted with sugar and you can get them filled with custard. I did enjoy the custard ones.

For the heck of it, I tried their breakfast. Very inexpensive. Came with eggs, rice , hashbrowns and toast. (carbs, carbs and more carbs!). I chose portuguese sausage. The breakfast was meh. the sausage was very reminiscent of fried spam. But if you love spam, you might love the sausage. I guess I expected something different.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank mswendymc
Reykjavik, Iceland
“What's The Fuss”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2013 via mobile

Stopped here after visiting the Iao Needle since the bakery was written up in Sunset. Tried the Malasada and the Spam musubi. Both utterly over-rated and forgettable. Should have tried Sam Sato for the noodles. Next time.

Moscow, ID
“Rodents!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2013

We pride ourselves on finding out of the way places where locals go. We went here to get fresh malasadas and while we were waiting for our order a large rat ran in by the counter and then back into the kitchen area. I know the lady at the counter saw it and didn't say a thing. They have two other locations that are newer that might be rodent-free and the baked goods looked yummy but we lost our appetite when Ratatouille waltzed through.

• Visited March 2013