“Great malasadas and manjus”
Review of Home Maid Bakery

Home Maid Bakery
Ranked #2 of 5 Bakeries in Wailuku
Reviewed 1 July 2013

We have tried malasadas all over the Hawaiian islands. We rank Home Maid right uo there especially if you drive over to get them hot. We had the creme filled and also peach crispy manjus. The malasadas were not greasy but very tasty. We had never tried majus and they were tasty. We heated them up in the oven and they were great with coffee.

1  Thank SaintGeorge

Reviewed 16 May 2013

the only thing I get here is their crispy manju. think crispy, flaky layers of goodness with a surprise filling. traditional flavors are sweet beans but my favorites are peanut butter, chocolate, and coconut. they also have sweet potato, apple, peach and pineapple. its the only thing I bring back from Maui for family and friends.

1  Thank koabug
Reviewed 6 April 2013 via mobile

Their doughnuts is awesome. Always brings back childhood memories. Their service was awesome. Never seem to have to wait long for anything. LOVE IT!!

1  Thank StayRooted808
Reviewed 28 March 2013

We tried the Kihei location. I didn't see any pastries that are described at the other locations. Bummer.

I was dying to have malasadas again as it's been a decade since I've last had them. They just don't taste like I remember them. But they were good. They are fried donuts. You can get them lightly dusted with sugar and you can get them filled with custard. I did enjoy the custard ones.

For the heck of it, I tried their breakfast. Very inexpensive. Came with eggs, rice , hashbrowns and toast. (carbs, carbs and more carbs!). I chose portuguese sausage. The breakfast was meh. the sausage was very reminiscent of fried spam. But if you love spam, you might love the sausage. I guess I expected something different.

1  Thank mswendymc
Reviewed 21 March 2013

Stopped here after visiting the Iao Needle since the bakery was written up in Sunset. Tried the Malasada and the Spam musubi. Both utterly over-rated and forgettable. Should have tried Sam Sato for the noodles. Next time.