Hotel Molokai
US$286
Official Website
US$466
  • Beachfront
Aston at Papakea Resort(Lahaina)(Great Value!)
US$353
US$216
Hotels.com
US$548
Westin.com
US$525
  • Pool
Napili Shores Maui by Outrigger(Lahaina)(Great Value!)
US$296
US$1,402
US$1,351
TripAdvisor
Napili Point Resort(Lahaina)
TripAdvisor
All reviewslaid backsecond flooropen airocean frontfriday nightthe general manageroceanfront roomother islandshotel restaurantlocated rightceiling fanrental carfriendly islandold styleking bedlive musicthe hotel manager
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I want to thank Michael Drew and his excellent staff for my two stays at Hotel Molokai. Mr. Drew takes care of his guests with zeal and enthusiasm. His staff also cares for each guest with the same attitude, kindness, and knowledge. Their love for Molokai shines through in everything they do! The rooms are clean, close to the ocean, and relaxing. I look forward to returning and would recommend this hotel to all who venture to Molokai!!

• Stayed: June 2014
GMHotelMolokai, General Manager at Hotel Molokai, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Aloha Gabrielle,

Thanks you so very much for your kind words about you recent two stays at our property. I've shared your comments with the entire staff and we look forward to welcome you back in the very near future.

Be well

mdrew@hotelmolokai.com

Reviewed 31 May 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights and wished we could have extended our stay. We had an ocean front room that was quaint and clean. The view from our room was spectacular. We attended the Monday evening Manager's reception with the manager being very friendly and interactive with the guests. Natalie was our waitress and was a great asset to the bar/ grill setting. We met locals as well as other guests at the bar and enjoyed everyone's interactions and conversation. We will definitely be returning to Hotel Molokai. In fact we have talked about this trip frequently since we have returned home. A beautiful setting and wonderful aloha!!!

Room Tip: Our Ocean front room had a fantastic view!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Aloha Joan Z

Thank you for taking time to post a review about your recent stay. We are delighted that you enjoyed your visit and enjoyed the beautiful setting and the wonderful aloha. We looking forward to welcome you back in the near future.

mdew@hotelmolokai.com

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Googling "best hotels on Moloka'i" returns a freaky and erroneous "there are no hotels on Moloka'i". Well, maybe because the Hotel ("Aqua" is covered as of May 2014) Moloka'i is really a motel, not a hotel. But who cares; it's great casual little place.
We made reservations four months early, and happened to ask if they had a senior citizen rate. That triggered a reservation in a quiet, ground floor, beachfront room with the promised air conditioning (which we barely needed). Thanks, Pua! Upon arrival we were greeted and promptly advised of the amenities - and received a follow-up call from Liz to make sure that everything was OK and ask if we had any questions.
Our room (Nihau 135) was quiet, clean, and tidy. We enjoyed the provided Continental Breakfast of pound cake and coffee on our patio, but then spent the rest of our days in other parts of the island, not taking advantage of Happy Hour or the pool.
A couple of Moloka'i notes:
1) Cell service is pretty weak (only one or two bars) once you get away from Kaunakakai, the airport, or Maunaloa (at the west end of the island), so plan on enjoying the silence.
2) Moloka'i seems to have returned to "Friendly Island" status; our last visit was years ago, during troubled times with the Ranch trying to turn the island into Honolulu, and residents were wary of too many visitors. If you haven't been to Moloka'i in a while, it's time to return. As the priest who we met at the roadside church built by St. Damien explained to us, "Damien and the island do call you back".

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Aloha DickB707

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay at Hotel Molokai. Your positive comments about the staff and your accommodation are greatly appreciated and I've share them with the entire staff. Molokai surely is the "Friendly Isle". We look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

mdrew@hotelmolokai.com

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Can't say enough about Hotel Molokai! The location is ideal and the staff is possibly the friendliest I have ever met. Pua was a highlight for us and was helpful every day. All the girls at the front desk were great and made sure we were enjoying our stay. The hotel is right on the water with a pool, bar/restaurant, hammocks and FREE parking. Can't beat it. Each room had a lanai with furniture so it made our stay comfortable and accommodating. I will absolutely stay here again without hesitation! Thank you Hotel Molokai for a memorable trip!

Room Tip: Our room had a spacious lanai with a peak of the ocean. Staff was exceptional!!!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank michelle g
GMHotelMolokai, General Manager at Hotel Molokai, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Aloha Michelle G,

Thank so much for your kind words about our property and staff. I have shared your comments with the entire staff. Please know that our number asset is our employees and our primary focus is servicing our guests. We are happy to learn that we have accomplished our goal.
We look forward to welcome you back on your next visit.

808.553.5347 ext 3398

Reviewed 9 May 2014

As a solo traveler, I tend to balance my budget. I didn't want to spend the money on a hotel room for 4 nights when I can stay comfortably at a guest house for a fraction of the cost. However, being vacation and all, I did want to treat myself and be able to utilize the hotel amenities, so I stayed at Hotel Molokai on the night of my arrival to the island.

I was pleasantly surprised to have arrived moments before the Monday Manager's happy hour. Michael was very welcoming, as well as the rest of the staff. I really enjoyed relaxing by the pool and especially in the hammocks along the beach. The room was very comfortable, I got a great night's sleep. Earplugs were provided, but not needed. If I hadn't already had other reservations, I would have definitely stayed there longer, and will stay there next time I visit Molokai.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank cpeters220
GMHotelMolokai, General Manager at Hotel Molokai, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Aloha Colleen,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit with us. I’m very pleased that you found me and the rest of the staff to be welcoming. We’re glad you chose to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Mahalo,