“SOOOOO ONO”

Cuisines: Hawaiian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Reviewed 14 July 2014

My first visit to The Alley at Aiea Bowl specifically for the ox tail soup. I had heard good things about their ox tail soup, and I was not disappointed.

Meat: plentiful, tender, almost fall off da' bone

Soup: deep rich flavorful broth.

Sauce: Something new to me, very tasty and tangy. Sesame oil/seed based with lime, sugar and some other ingredients.

Service: prompt, courteous, friendly

Price: $14.00. I have seen lower elsewhere, but haven't tasted any better. With the retail price of ox tail above $6.50 / lb, $14 seems fair.

1  Thank kapalua

Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Delicious quality food that you would never expect at a bowling alley. Maybe a Bistro.
The Furikake Ahi is delicious along with the other entrees.
Their cakes are delicious! The Strawberry Crunch Cake is most and delicious freshly baked with only the freshest ingredients
Can't go wrong with a meal at The Alley Restaurant

Reviewed 20 June 2014

I read the reviews and heard the food was exceptional. Met two friends there and each of us ordered something different. I had the Ten Pin pizza. I asked for garlic as an extra and was told the pizza was "is as" and couldn't add anything extra. I have never been to a restaurant that wouldn't take care of the customer and customize The pizza was just OK with mostly bread and not much else. I would rate it a 3 out of a 10. Tasted my friends food and it was fried chicken and smelled and tasted like grease. I wonder when was the last time they changed their frying grease. The restaurant was SO loud we had to shout to talk. I would never eat here again. Service was decent though.

Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

Guy Fieri is absolutely correct in his opinion of The Alley Restaurant's Oxtail Soup. Oh my - absolutely delicious! The oxtails were plentiful and that broth has so much depth. And dipping the oxtails in the fabulous ponzu sauce takes you to a happy place - perfection! While we were so full of goodness by the end of the meal, we just couldn't pass up The Alley's dessert menu. Guy Fieri totally missed out on the Lemon Crunch, Peanut Butter Banana Crunch & Pumpkin Crunch cakes which were sublime. Locals & visitors alike will love the food at The Alley Restaurant.

1  Thank IslandFamily77
Reviewed 17 June 2014

A 30 minute drive from Waikiki (as long as hour and a half at rush hour) brings you to City of Aiea and the Aiea Bowl. Located inside of the Aiea Bowl is the Alley Restaurant. The restaurant spills out into the bowling alley itself. Folks from all over come to feast on the old school cuisine and the scrumptious desserts. We had the Alley fried chicken and the shoyu pork. Two more dishes completed our order and we ate family style. The dishes were as good as anywhere in Honolulu. The portions were such that we did not have room for dessert but we were sure to bring back some of the wide selection of devilish desserts.

1  Thank Surfpv