“Tasty Food at the Alley, Aiea Bowl”

The Alley at Aiea Bowl
Ranked #1 of 163 Restaurants in Aiea
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Santa Clarita, California
“Tasty Food at the Alley, Aiea Bowl”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The food at the Alley is very good. The Oxtail soup is delicious! The food you get is not what you would expect at a bowling alley. The Asian Braised pork shoulder was very, very good but just a little too sweet for me. It is a bowling alley so it is loud inside and the restaurant is crowded so be prepared to wait and it will be on the noisy side. Worth the trip.

• Visited July 2014

• Korean first
USA
“SOOOOO ONO”
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

My first visit to The Alley at Aiea Bowl specifically for the ox tail soup. I had heard good things about their ox tail soup, and I was not disappointed.

Meat: plentiful, tender, almost fall off da' bone

Soup: deep rich flavorful broth.

Sauce: Something new to me, very tasty and tangy. Sesame oil/seed based with lime, sugar and some other ingredients.

Service: prompt, courteous, friendly

Price: $14.00. I have seen lower elsewhere, but haven't tasted any better. With the retail price of ox tail above $6.50 / lb, $14 seems fair.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank kapalua
Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
“Delicious Food at The Alley at Aiea Bowl”
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Delicious quality food that you would never expect at a bowling alley. Maybe a Bistro.
The Furikake Ahi is delicious along with the other entrees.
Their cakes are delicious! The Strawberry Crunch Cake is most and delicious freshly baked with only the freshest ingredients
Can't go wrong with a meal at The Alley Restaurant

Kailua, Hawaii
“Not Good”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I read the reviews and heard the food was exceptional. Met two friends there and each of us ordered something different. I had the Ten Pin pizza. I asked for garlic as an extra and was told the pizza was "is as" and couldn't add anything extra. I have never been to a restaurant that wouldn't take care of the customer and customize The pizza was just OK with mostly bread and not much else. I would rate it a 3 out of a 10. Tasted my friends food and it was fried chicken and smelled and tasted like grease. I wonder when was the last time they changed their frying grease. The restaurant was SO loud we had to shout to talk. I would never eat here again. Service was decent though.

Honolulu, Hawaii
“Oxtail Soup is beyond expectations!”
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

Guy Fieri is absolutely correct in his opinion of The Alley Restaurant's Oxtail Soup. Oh my - absolutely delicious! The oxtails were plentiful and that broth has so much depth. And dipping the oxtails in the fabulous ponzu sauce takes you to a happy place - perfection! While we were so full of goodness by the end of the meal, we just couldn't pass up The Alley's dessert menu. Guy Fieri totally missed out on the Lemon Crunch, Peanut Butter Banana Crunch & Pumpkin Crunch cakes which were sublime. Locals & visitors alike will love the food at The Alley Restaurant.

1 Thank IslandFamily77