“Yes, Italian in Hawaii!”
Review of Ricado's Italian

Ricado's Italian
Ranked #31 of 160 Restaurants in Aiea
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly
“Yes, Italian in Hawaii!”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I lived here for 8 years. Then moved to Europe for 5. While in Germany, I ate Italian cuisine all over the place. Ricado's holds it's own with the best European Italian restaurants. The service is always good. I love the plantation tea. My favorite dishes are the fish with spinach and the shrimp and scallop scampi. They also have a great salad fresh hot bread.

• Visited April 2014

pearl city hawaii
“Best food ever”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Once you taste their Chicken Picata,you will never ever enjoy it at another restaurant. I have been going there for many years always order same dish,never got tired of it. Also their Ceasar salad,so garlicky and good,served with hot bread,lots of cheese and of course a Merlo

• Visited March 2014
Oahu, Hawaii
“Eh..Nothing Fancy, a Bit Dingy”
Reviewed 2 June 2013

Tried this place years ago and was not impressed. Tried it again about 3 weeks ago and nothing has changed. Atmosphere is stripmall-type restaurant, dimly lit to cover the stains on the old walls and ceiling. Staff this time was much better and very attentive. No wait, but parking can be a pain if on a weekend due to location, typical of Oahu. Food was ok at best. Nothing to rave about. Bread was good. Shrimp Alfredo was about average with a watery white sauce. Sauce needs to be thicker. Shrimp was good, large and ample quantity. Scallion pasta was good, with similar review as Alfredo.

Overall: Ok at best, in a pinch it will suffice.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank 808Surfrider
Raleigh,North Carolina
“Not a place I would re-visit”
Reviewed 20 May 2013

I did not choose Ricado's restaurant as meeting a past enployer of my husband's for dinner who lives on the island and it was his choice (thought he had better taste). In a strip mall area which I would not have selected myself for seeing someone that I had not seen in many years to make any kind of impression!! Parking was very tight if you wanted to park near the restaurant - due to a dark departure in an unfamiler conguested area, we did not find that, but I do need to remember it was a Friday evening...Service was good and very attentive to our needs. The warm bread was my down-fall ( very good ).I ordered veal cutlets w/pasta, I was not impressed with my meal and have had much better...atmosphere was plain and lighting was very dim-did they not want me to see my food? This eating experience is nothing I would tell friends about. Maybe my not being Italian makes a difference! A bit pricey for what I got.

• Visited April 2013
Buffalo, New York
“Great food!”
Reviewed 16 May 2013

I lived on the island many years ago. I was a big fan from the very first time I stepped foot in the place; the aroma coming from the kitchen was wonderful. It is not a fru-fru, fancy place. Rather, it is a restaurant that has a family bond with it's employees and great, homemade food. My husband still yearns for the pollo alla asperagus and I the chicken saltimbocca. While on the island, I loved the place so much that I began to work there!

NOTE: I have not been there in quiet some time BUT the website does not go back that far so I just chose JUNE 2012 as my visit date.

• Visited June 2012

Been to Ricado's Italian? Share your experiences!