“The next go-to restaurant”
Review of Ricado's Italian

Ricado's Italian
Ranked #28 of 162 Restaurants in Aiea
Cuisines: Italian, Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Waipahu, Hawaii
“The next go-to restaurant”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Had a business dinner here. Parking in this overcrowded mini mall is atrocious. Once inside, though we were treated to a quiet atmosphere. Felt good to be away from the Pearl Harbor smell, a mixture of pollution and sewer. The servers were very polite and accommodating. The food was delicious. I recommend the Chicken Saltimboca. Very complex flavors on many layers. The Chicken Alfredo was very creamy and filling, though I did think the portion was a bit on the smaller side. I was also impressed by the cannoli which is made with ricotta, rather than marscapone. All in all, we finished our talks and had a delicious meal. I will definitely return for more of the Saltimboca.

• Visited July 2014

Kapolei, Hawaii
“Bread was good but the guest cockroach ...”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Ricado's may possibly make the best Italian bread I've had in the islands.

We went once. While enjoying the bread and waiting for our order to arrive, a cockroach decided to stroll across the table. It didn't appear to be afraid of a table full of people, which I considered a bad sign.

We haven't gone back.

Visited August 2013
“Yes, Italian in Hawaii!”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I lived here for 8 years. Then moved to Europe for 5. While in Germany, I ate Italian cuisine all over the place. Ricado's holds it's own with the best European Italian restaurants. The service is always good. I love the plantation tea. My favorite dishes are the fish with spinach and the shrimp and scallop scampi. They also have a great salad fresh hot bread.

• Visited April 2014
pearl city hawaii
“Best food ever”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Once you taste their Chicken Picata,you will never ever enjoy it at another restaurant. I have been going there for many years always order same dish,never got tired of it. Also their Ceasar salad,so garlicky and good,served with hot bread,lots of cheese and of course a Merlo

• Visited March 2014
Oahu, Hawaii
“Eh..Nothing Fancy, a Bit Dingy”
Reviewed 2 June 2013

Tried this place years ago and was not impressed. Tried it again about 3 weeks ago and nothing has changed. Atmosphere is stripmall-type restaurant, dimly lit to cover the stains on the old walls and ceiling. Staff this time was much better and very attentive. No wait, but parking can be a pain if on a weekend due to location, typical of Oahu. Food was ok at best. Nothing to rave about. Bread was good. Shrimp Alfredo was about average with a watery white sauce. Sauce needs to be thicker. Shrimp was good, large and ample quantity. Scallion pasta was good, with similar review as Alfredo.

Overall: Ok at best, in a pinch it will suffice.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank 808Surfrider

Been to Ricado's Italian? Share your experiences!