“Great find!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dixie Grill
Ranked #5 of 159 Restaurants in Aiea
Cuisines: American, Bar, Barbecue, Pub
Good for: Cheap Eats, Groups, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Australia
“Great find!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

We were looking for something different, away from the tourist area of Waikiki, and found Dixie grill via yelp. We hasn't tried a lot of southern food previously (being Aussies) but lets just say this place was so great, we are now heading on a road trip through the south this year! We went back twice during our trip to Oahu. The brisket and pulled pork were amazing, I loved the variety of sauces available. Also the cornbread casserole was divine. I had never tried sweet tea before, it was so good I'm now absolutely addicted. I also liked that there were very few if any tourists here ( we were getting very sick of hearing aussie accents everywhere in Waikiki), and in fact seemed heavily populated with military people and families, which was a great atmosphere to us. Highly recommend!!

• Visited June 2013

Manassas, Virginia
“You've gotta eat here”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014

After visiting Pearl Harbor we searched for food near by and decided to try this place. Popcorn greats you on your table which is fresh and good. Casual and lively place. Lots of comfort food choices on the menu. I got country fried steak with mashed potatoes and sausage gravy. Good doesn't do it enough justice. Gravy was completely legit sausage gravy. Green beans were crispy if you like them like that but were tasty as well. I tried the cornbread casserole as suggested by another review and it was like dessert with sweet corn in it. Crispy layer on top and so good. Husband got the meat loaf and that was probably the best meat loaf he has ever tasted. I tried it and it had a smokey flavor that was out of this world. He said his pinto beans were as good as his Mom's, and that's saying something. He got an order to go. Yes, they were that good. HUGE glasses of sweet tea were just what we needed after a day of sightseeing. If we weren't leaving in a couple of days, we would go back to try some other dishes.
The staff was friendly and service was fast and great. I asked for a box to bring home my leftovers and our waitress even brought us more sweet tea in to go cups. A great find. Thanks to trip advisor.

• Visited February 2014
Newcastle, Australia
“Best BBQ in hawaii”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014 via mobile

We had 14 people eat here the other night, and not a single person went home unhappy.

Most of us had ribs, they bring out 6 different sauces which you can buy to take home with you if you really like something!

I also had cornbread, and it was one of the most tasty things i have ever had! I feel like i have been missing out my whole life!

Well done Dixie Grill, when I visit next I will definitely be back!

Visited January 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Good casual dining with beer!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013

The price is great and it is a very casual place to just kick-back and relax with friends and family.

Visited December 2013
Springfield, Missouri
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A taste of home!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

My husband and I came here because we both had a craving for southern BBQ and sweet tea, and we were not disappointed. The service was really friendly and attentive. We ordered some fried okra to start, then I ordered the fried catfish with collard greens and cornbread casserole (substituted), while my husband had the beef brisket with collard greens and hush puppies. My meal was perfect, the catfish was delicious and flaky and fried crisp outside. The cornbread casserole was AMAZING and very sweet, I'd definitely recommend trying it if you get the chance. My husband said he liked his meal, but that he's had better BBQ back in the mainland. Overall, we really enjoyed the Dixie Grill and we will definitely be back.

• Visited August 2013