“Fun, nice, easy, reliable!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Haleiwa
Sharks Cove Rentals
Reviewed 7 January 2014

I think I said it all there….

The owner was super helpful with directions, instructions and everything else.
The staff pointed out all of the fun stuff to do.
You are super close to all the best surf beaches…
A few cute, friendly cats who lived on the property and purred at will.
A close walk to the Shark's Cove grill (best food in the North Shore), the supermarket and the surf/snorkel rental spot.
Nice outdoor wreck room for people to hang out and chill at night, it was in the back and didn't disturb anyone from sleeping.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vito F

Reviewed 11 September 2013

My husband, two daughters and I stayed at Sharks Cove Rentals back in July 19-21st. We had an awesome time. We rented the 2nd floor, front room that had a lanai that went all across the front and looked right out into the water. The first morning as we were getting ready to snorkel, dolphins were surfacing just off shore. The Mexican food truck right next door had incredible food, the grocery store was a short walk (as was the Catholic church). The snorkeling was wonderful (but go early, the water gets crowded). My husband and I even snorkeled out of the cove and then down to the next beach (and walked back). You really are RIGHT across the street from great snorkeling (we saw sea turtles every day in the water). Highly recommend in the summer for families (waves are quite different in the fall/winter/spring). Thank you for a making the end of our vacation so memorable!

Room Tip: 2nd floor, front (by the street)
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 August 2013

We stayed at Sharks Cove Rentals for 3 nights and really enjoyed it. The house is very nice and clean. It offers a kitchen, bbq corner and free parking. Besides the view over the ocean from the porch it is only a few yards away from Shark's Cove which is a perfect spot for snorkeling.
We would choose Shark's Cove rentals again.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank dbaether
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I have to write a bad review. I am still waiting on being refunded for a day and a half by the owner. I also feel I was duped into staying here by the wonderful review I got of North Shore, bicycling, hiking, snorkeling. Nope. The waves were so high at this point of the season and yes I should probably have done my homework but still, don't lie to me to get me to stay here. The place itself was ok, mostly full of surfers, the bus is right outside the door and is pretty reliable. Apart from that there's nothing to do. Not the same North Shore I was told about (Understand it's my FIRST time to Hawaii coming from Europe). A day trip here is all you need, unless you surf, which I do not. Still upset at the owner and the owners son reaction to me when I asked for a refund. I won't recommend nor will I be back.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Lynne S
Reviewed 16 June 2013

After reading the reviews of this and other places in the north shore we decided to go there and see for ourselves before booking a room. We’ve been backpacking for 7 months and we are used to check the places where we stay before booking a night.

There are not many places to stay (budget places) around Sharks cove, waymea bay, sunset beach, pipeline beach, three tables beach.

We checked several and Sarks cove rentals was by far the cleanest, most comfortable, best located and quieter.

We end up staying there 7 nights and it was like staying at home. The staff and John the manager are very friendly and they are always around if you need anything. They are very helpful and friendly.

The room and the house was clean, spotless and nicely decorated, these guys have a good taste!

We cooked everyday and saw amazing sunsets from kitchen and the porch!

Our room was in the main house at the front but we saw all the rooms and they are all clean and have the same standard.

I don't have anything negative to say about the place or our stay. Yes, we saw a cockroach one day but even palaces have them.

I forgot the location, the house is right opposite the best snorkelling place in the north shore. Swim with colourful fishes and turtles.

I hope to one day go back and stay there again, I give them a 10/10

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank davidboleas
Reviewed 12 June 2013

We stayed at Sharks Cove Rentals for 3 nights in mid-May. After driving around trying to find accommodation for over an hour, we called into Sharks Cove and immediately felt we had found a great place to stay. The location is amazing, right across the road from a great snorkeling beach, and a few minutes walk to Foodland. Sharks Cove Grill is nearby, which has great food at a very good price. Free snorkeling gear was great as we didn't have our own.

We first looked at the Backpackers which was horrible, really limited amenities, full of odd characters and seemed very dodgy and unsafe. Turtle Bay is lovely but not in our budget. Sharks Cove fitted nicely in the middle and we were really happy with the facilities. There were no bugs in our room or anywhere for that matter (like other people have said in their reviews).

The owner wasn't there but gave us full instructions over the phone and directed us as to where to find our room key. Our room was huge and very comfortable. The free washer/dryer came in handy and the BBQs were an added bonus too. The prices are quite high, considering you're not in Waikiki, but due to the limited range of accommodation on the North Shore, we were happy to pay. The kitchen is fully stocked with crockery, pots and pans etc. We had everything we needed to cook a meal.

I would definitely recommend this property, more so for couples. We had no problems with payment and simply used our credit card. We will definitely go back on our next visit to the North Shore.

Room Tip: Room 101 is huge, has a lounge/TV area as well as a dining table, bar fridge, toaster, coffee maker...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 April 2013 via mobile

Let face it . If you don't mind the fear of local drug users/losers then stay here. Don't mined you car been gone through.
Bugs, bugs, bugs.
There are better condos down the road you can stay if you plan ahead.

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank TravelerAir
Also consider these accommodations in or near Haleiwa
Courtyard by Marriott Oahu North Shore
Backpackers Vacation Inn and Plantation Village
Tiki Moon Villas
Tiki Moon Villas
#1 of 2 in Laie

Been to Sharks Cove Rentals? Share your experiences!