“Absolutely delicious! A must try if you are ever on Oahu.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of macky's kahuku sweet shrimp truck - CLOSED

macky's kahuku sweet shrimp truck
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Kids, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Seattle, Washington
“Absolutely delicious! A must try if you are ever on Oahu.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

Oh.my.god.... the best shrimp I've ever had in my entire life. It's a shrimp truck with about 6 options. I got the garlic shrimp. The amount they give you is a good amount. It comes with two scoops of rice and a salad and all for $12. The shrimp is cooked perfectly and the garlic butter sauce is to die for. I've had shrimp at other shrimp trucks in Seattle and those are nothing compared to Macky's. I went here with both of my brothers and they normally don't like shrimp but after having one bite, they were converted :)

If you are ever in Oahu, you must eat here. It's about an hour from Honolulu.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Los Angeles, California
“Enjoyed by Locals & Tourists Alike”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

Feel like a local and enjoy delicious shrimp and a unique island dining experience. Highly recommended.

Brecksville, Ohio
“Casual, Hawaiian Bliss”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

This is a gem on the North Shore! We tried both the lemon pepper and the garlic butter shrimp and they were both phenomenal! The shrimp is so tender and flavorful and the sauce blends into the rice so you can savor every last drop. It's clear from the amount of business that they've perfected what they do and my husband and I preferred this laid-back shrimp truck to a few of the fancier, restaurant meals we had in the islands.

Victoria, BC
“I would visit Hawaii just to eat these shrimp!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

If you are on the North Shore, you must must must stop at Macky's! I read about them in Oahu Revealed and decided to try them out. I am so happy that I did. I had the garlic and butter shrimp and they were tasty and fabulous. The shrimp were incredibly fresh and plump. It came with rice and salad. Even the salad was crispy and fresh.

I've seen some of the reviews about the price being steep. I completely disagree. The meal was about 12$ which is a deal in comparison to what you would pay at restaurant. (especially for shrimp of that size & quality). I had shrimp at a resort restaurant on the same trip. They were twice the price and nowhere near as good.

I would eat these shrimp for breakfast, lunch and dinner if I could.

Maryland
“Great Shrimp”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

We arrived late afternoon and was just a little disappointed they were out of Coconut Shrimp, however the garlic shrimp was very good and very big. Chickens were running around and that was kinda fun watching then while you eat. Price was ok and service was lacking, not the most friendly people we met in Hawaii but it was a shrimp truck. Glad we tried it but it is one of those things like did that got the tee shirt probably would not do again.