“My favorite shrimp truck!”

macky's kahuku sweet shrimp truck
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Honolulu, Hawaii
“My favorite shrimp truck!”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I always get the spicy or the garlic shrimp! To me they know how to get the flavor into the shrimp! The spicy isn't over powering and still flavorful, other places are spicy to where its either bitter or just too much to enjoy. This is top of my list to go every time we drive to this side of the island.

• Visited July 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
“"Ono"lisious!!!”
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

My mom and I have tried about every shrimp truck on north shore and Mackey's is by far the best. You get a small green salad, a nice portion of rice and a generous amount of shrimp. My favorite is the regular garlic and butter. The shrimp is nice sized, never overcooked and is so sweet and tender and the garlic is also cooked to perfection. Never too raw and never burnt. If you love garlic ask for extra sauce and mix it with the rice. Omg! I'm sooo hungry now!

Ko Olinia, HA
“WONDERFUL!!!!!”
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

My family and I were at North Shore for a beach day. I was out surfing and got really hungry really fast. My mom, my brother, my grandmother, and I were all hungry. So I checked on trip adviser and saw Mackys Truck. It was less than a mile away, so we stopped by. Everyone with me got the butter garlic shrimp for $13.00. A total of around $50.00. A little pricy but absolutely worth it 100%. My whole family finished there large portion and went back to the beach, to continue surfing!

Jasper, Indiana
“Pricey but good”
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

Yes, you'll pay 13 bucks for a meal that won't exactly fill you up all the way. However, you have a view of a mountain, there are birds everywhere, and its good shrimp. I would suggest going to north shore beach first so you work up an appetite. The shrimp will taste better and you'll enjoy the atmosphere. I'd recommended it if you're in the area, but don't come to this side of the island just to try it.

Park City Ut
“Good stop”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

This place was recommended in Oahu Revealed. The place was a little hard to find as it is not on the main drag with all the other shops. It is next to the 7/11. We enjoyed the shrimp (garlic and spicy). In the end we both preferred the garlic. We found the price fair for what you received. We also tried two other shrimp trucks and this one fell in the middle of our favorite’s list. We would go back.

• Visited June 2014