“Be careful with PARKING ticket”
Review of Laniakea Beach

and up
Luxury Convertible Tour to Oahu's North Shore
Ranked #5 of 60 things to do in Haleiwa
Reviewed 30 April 2014

We went there to see some live turtle. There was one on the sand and one swimming near the shore. That's it! I parked right at the side of the road for 5min, and the police start giving us ticket ($85). I think the sneaky polices are watching and waiting for people to park there. Once you park, they will give you tix in 2 min. so be aware.

The only reason I am giving 4 star is because my kids liked it. They keep talking about this so it was worth it.

4  Thank shoshosho

Reviewed 16 April 2014

We loved this stop on our driving tour around Oahu. Parking was made easier by the fact that there was road work going on nearby and the workmen stopped traffic when we were crossing. No turtles were out on the sand, but there were a few swimming around in shallow water, including one named Brutus. We spoke with the volunteers there and kept a respectable distance from the turtles. Worth a stop!

1  Thank bcaha
Reviewed 11 April 2014

I love nature and wasn't sure what to expect a this beach. It felt more like an overcrowded place for the turtles to parade for the amusement of people. I wouldn't recommend for adults, but maybe for people with young children or those who want a quick view of a turtle or two in a zoo like environment requiring little effort or time to access. I've been lucky enough to see sea turtles in their natural environment and I personally could have done without visiting this location. I felt sad for the turtles being disturbed and surrounded by the tourists and quickly left.

3  Thank Voodew
Reviewed 10 April 2014

We have been to Laniakea Beach twice in a year and both times have seen turtles at Turtle Beach. Someone watches them and knows which ones come in and even have names for each of them. They police the area quite well to make sure no one touches one of the turtles ($10,000 fine). This time we saw four on the beach and about nine out in the ocean swimming around. The rest of Laniakea is very sandy and a beautiful beach where there are a lot of activities (SUP, kayaking, swimming, sunning, etc.). Don't forget to stop by Buzz's Steak House and have lunch.YUM!

Reviewed 9 April 2014

What an awesome beach! We saw turtles! There is little that can equivalent to seeing a live turtle in Hawaii. These are beautiful creatures

Can't wait to go back.

Tip -don't part where it says no parking or you will get a ticket. The police hide there waiting for you!