More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: FUN is our mission! Learn to stand up paddle in a calm bay and a lush river where you are greeted by sea turtles, fish, and peacocks. Along the way, our friendly instructors, all of whom are certified lifeguards, will teach you the skills to be confident stand up paddlers. We guarantee that you can stand up and that you'll have a great time with us. Come by yourself or with a group. Join a group with other paddlers, or take our popular private lessons. Private Lessons are 2 hours and photos are available free of charge. We are available from sun-up to sun-down. We do not have set times; we go when it is convenient for you. If your time permits, come experience our spectacular Sunset Lesson. Ready for even more paddling fun? Join us for our astounding coastal adventure (come see the dolphins!) or our Twilight GLOW paddle, where the boards light up the ocean floor! Stand up paddling with Rainbow Watersports is an ideal activity for paddlers of all abilities, experience, and ages (4 and up). Come drink in our aloha spirit and enjoy what many visitors are calling “the best activity on the island”!
Salina, Kansas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fantastic Time!”
Reviewed 28 February 2014

My SIL and I decided to try SUP...we both LOVED it! Rohan was our instructor/guide. He was wonderful at teaching us how to paddle and was very knowledgeable about the island and customs of the area. We saw numerous sea turtles sunning themselves on the banks of the river. I had a blast trying to do headstands/handstands with Rohan! Drinks were provided along with the SD card from the pictures that he took of us. I would highly recommend this to any age group! Definitely worth every penny! Heidi was also very nice (we met her before and after the SUP trip).

Visited October 2013

Kailua, Hawaii
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Amazing experience for the WHOLE FAMILY!”
Reviewed 25 January 2014

I have lived on this island for almost two years and had never had the courage to stand up paddle. A friend's family was in town and we went! Rohan, our amazing and awesome instructor, did a great job giving us simple instruction and demonstrating correct technique. He was FANTASTIC with the two kids we had with us (ages six and eight) and had us standing up in no time. We also saw a bunch of sea turtles and he gave us a nice talk on different aspects of the sea turtle community.

HUGE BONUS - he also sent us home with our own memory card complete with pictures he took of our family while we boarded.

You really must do this - whether you live on the island or are just visiting. It will be something you remember for a very long time. MAHALO ROHAN!!!

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Linz4huskers
StandupPaddleGirl, Owner at Stand Up Paddle Lessons -- Rainbow Watersports Adventures, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
We love kids, that's for sure! So happy we helped make another stand up paddle enthusiast on the island! Enjoy the photos - I hope they bring back good memories for years to come.
Seattle, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Xmas Day Paddling”
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We had a great Xmas day paddling with Rowan and Jody. Heidi was able to accommodate our group - 8 family members ranging in age from 16 to 72, most of whom were first time paddlers -- on very short notice. Jody and Rowan did a great job instructing and making sure everyone was having fun. I would definitely recommend this company.

Visited December 2013
Thanks! What a great way to celebrate the holidays! I love the pic :)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Heidi & Jodi Our #1 SUP Girls”
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Ever since I watched Endless Summer 2 in the 90s (or was it the 80's...whatever, you get the drift, a long time) I've wanted to go to the North Shore and surf. The problem, I just can't stand up on a surfboard. The next problem, my wife just isn't into sports that mean fighting waves and, in her own words, she is allergic to the gym.

This was the challenge we presented to Heidi & Jodi when we booked in for a Stand Up Paddle-board (SUP) lesson. Now, let me tell you, these girls are amazing. So calm, easy going and two of the most lovely people you could ever meet. Heidi and her husband own the business and nothing, and I mean NOTHING, is too much when it comes to creating an experience to remember.

Reviews like this one can often be overly gushing, but, trust us, if you are going for a lesson on the North Shore there is only one choice - call Heidi, ask for Jodi as your instructor and I would be shocked if you didn't agree with us.

What do I have to compare the experience with? I observed another lesson being conducted by another company while I watched our two year old during my wife's lesson..trust me, big difference when it came to warmth and Aloha spirit. Heidi, Jodi thank you for making our 17 hour trip to Hawaii so memorable - I just hope we get to come back one day and show you that we really did keep up the work when we got back to Wales!

Visited November 2013
StandupPaddleGirl, Owner at Stand Up Paddle Lessons -- Rainbow Watersports Adventures, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Thanks for the great testimonial! You made ME want to book a lesson! :) We strive to give our paddlers "a vacation within their vacation". I know your family had some struggles to get up here in the first place, so we wanted to be sure that was all turned around and changed for the better. Glad you guys had a great time, and I hope that cold water in Wales doesn't chill you!
Moncton, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Sunset SUP on the North Shore”
Reviewed 26 October 2013

I tried SUP for the first time in Haleiwa, Hawaii on the North Shore of Oahu with Rainbow Watersports Adventures during their sunset paddle. With my lesson beginning at Haleiwa Beach Park two hours before sunset, the sea turtles were active all around me as I made my way to one of Oahu’s most beautiful rivers. I could relax throughout my the two hour lesson because it took place on a protected bay and calm stream; I didn’t have to worry about the waves crashing down on me during this experience. All of the instructors at Rainbow Watersports Adventures are extremely talented.During my first lesson I learned the basics of SUP: getting on and off the board, standing on the board, paddling (and the various types of paddling), turning, and transporting the board. I paddled 2 miles throughout the first lesson and I could have continued for hours. There is nothing better than skimming across the calm waters in Hawaii while the sun goes down with the turtles popping their sweet little heads out of the water. It’s moments like that which remind me how lucky I am to have this opportunity to travel. I can’t wait to get out and paddle board again. I could do it every day if I had the opportunity.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank FreeInTheSea
YES! Another paddler HOOKED on stand up paddling! I hope you do continue, and enjoy it as much as we do! Sunset is a great time to enjoy all the turtles as they make their way back up the river. Can you believe last week there were 13 TURTLES basking on the river's bank?!?

Travellers who viewed Stand Up Paddle Lessons -- Rainbow Watersports Adventures also viewed

Been to Stand Up Paddle Lessons -- Rainbow Watersports Adventures? Share your experiences!