More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: FUN is our mission! Learn to stand up paddle in a calm bay and a lush river where you are greeted by sea turtles, fish, and peacocks. Along the way, our friendly instructors, all of whom are certified lifeguards, will teach you the skills to be confident stand up paddlers. We guarantee that you can stand up and that you'll have a great time with us. Come by yourself or with a group. All groups are private – we do not join you with strangers. Lessons are 2 hours and photos are available free of charge. We are available from sun-up to sun-down. We do not have set times; we go when it is convenient for you. If your time permits, come experience our spectacular Sunset Lesson. Ready for even more paddling fun? Join us for our astounding coastal adventure (come see the dolphins!)or our fitness paddle. Stand up paddling with Rainbow Watersports is an ideal activity for paddlers of all abilities, experience, and ages (4 and up). Come drink in our aloha spirit and enjoy what many visitors are calling “the best activity on the island”!
Calgary, Alberta
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A must do!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I convinced my husband to go SUP with me and was he glad we did! Mariah was great and very knowledgeable. We all had a great time and we even saw a couple of sea turtles and a fish jumping out of the water while paddling down the river! The lessons are provided in a safe and friendly environment. This is a must do when visiting Oahu!

Visited May 2014
StandupPaddleGirl, Manager at Stand Up Paddle Lessons -- Rainbow Watersports Adventures, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Seeing the turtles is my favorite treat!! Its like the dessert of a fun-packed full course of Stand-Up Paddling! Thank you for coming out with us, Mariah had so much fun with you guys.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“created a new addiction - LOVE SUP!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Rainbow watersports were awesome. We were welcomed and taken care of as soon as we arrived. No worries for keys and any valuables. They are ready to secure everything to ensure a carefree fun time. My husband had a little harder time getting up and Jodie was patient and gave him the space to be successful on his terms. It was really great. Now we have two boards for a lake and will be coming back to HI next year to learn how to SUP surf!!

Visited April 2014
StandupPaddleGirl, Owner at Stand Up Paddle Lessons -- Rainbow Watersports Adventures, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
My absolute favorite thing about Rainbow is becoming friends with our paddlers. Thank you for your continued friendship. I look forward to seeing you again!
Stamford, Connecticut
3 attraction reviews
“Enjoyable lesson with experienced instructor”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

My husband booked it as a surprise for me as he knows I love water sports. This one is a super great one. We both love it. Jodie, our instructor, was also very experienced. She taught us how to firmly stand on the board in a very short time. She also took pictures for us along the way. How great! Some instructors in other activities do not understand the moment and didn't provide this service. This is way above our expectations. Moreover, for the second half session, the sea was a bit rough. We could not make much progress. Jodie was never tired to encourage us to paddle through and even helped towing me. She is very strong and experienced. After all because of the rough weather, we ended up paddling 2 more hours. It was a real adventure! We both love it!

Waialua, Hawaii
“Rainbow Watersports Adventures is the best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

I loved the Sunset SUP session. My husband booked it for the two of us for my birthday and we had a great time. Our instructor was great, she was fun and friendly and got us to do ticks and yoga on the boards after we had the hang of the basics. We saw lots of turtles on the river and a beautiful sunset in the bay. I highly recommend Rainbow for your paddle boarding experience.

Visited May 2014
Heather! Thank you so much for your wonderful review! I love the sunset session and I am so glad you enjoyed our yoga, we are actually inviting a yoga instructor to come teach lessons on paddleboard. Hope you return for more exciting adventures:)
Estherville, Iowa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Loved it!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

My aunt and I did the 1/2 coastal adventure with Rainbow Watersports. The communication was great. Heidi called us to let us know a swell was coming and asked if we could reschedule for better water. I am so glad she did as I would not have wanted to miss the experience. Heidi met us and took as to Rohan, our instructor. Rohan is great. He is easy to get along with, fun and very patient. He also took the time to give us advice on places to visit and eat and he wasn't wrong about any of his suggestions. I would not hesitate to book anything with Rainbow Watersports and trust they will treat everyone as well as we were treated.

Visited April 2014

Travellers who viewed Stand Up Paddle Lessons -- Rainbow Watersports Adventures also viewed

Been to Stand Up Paddle Lessons -- Rainbow Watersports Adventures? Share your experiences!