“Sunrise paddle to start a 30th birthday”

Stand Up Paddle Lessons -- Rainbow Watersports Adventures
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: FUN is our mission! Learn to stand up paddle in a calm bay and a lush river where you are greeted by sea turtles, fish, and peacocks. Along the way, our friendly instructors, all of whom are certified lifeguards, will teach you the skills to be confident stand up paddlers. We guarantee that you can stand up and that you'll have a great time with us. Come by yourself or with a group. Join a group with other paddlers, or take our popular private lessons. Private Lessons are 2 hours and photos are available free of charge. We are available from sun-up to sun-down. We do not have set times; we go when it is convenient for you. If your time permits, come experience our spectacular Sunset Lesson. Ready for even more paddling fun? Join us for our astounding coastal adventure (come see the dolphins!) or our Twilight GLOW paddle, where the boards light up the ocean floor! Stand up paddling with Rainbow Watersports is an ideal activity for paddlers of all abilities, experience, and ages (4 and up). Come drink in our aloha spirit and enjoy what many visitors are calling “the best activity on the island”!
Reviewed 29 May 2014

The Rainbow Watersports team were awesome. From booking online, answering my questions, accommodating my early lesson request to teaching how to stand up paddle, we receive EXCELLENT SERVICE.

I booked an early lesson for my boyfriend's 30th bday and- wow, we had so much fun- it was the perfect way to start the celebration. Jodie, our instructor was so nice, zen and took pictures of us during our lesson (how awesome is that that this is included!). We paddled down the Rainbow River and saw so many turtles! It was truly magical!

Thank you Jodie- we are sad that we did not have the time to try stand up paddle surfing but next time we are in HI, for sure we will!

StandupPaddleGirl, Manager at Stand Up Paddle Lessons -- Rainbow Watersports Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

So glad we were able to get you both out on the water experiencing how much fun Stand-Up Paddling can be!! Come back and SUP surf with Jodi and Rainbow Water Sports soon!

All reviews
in 7 reviews
"great pictures"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I convinced my husband to go SUP with me and was he glad we did! Mariah was great and very knowledgeable. We all had a great time and we even saw a couple of sea turtles and a fish jumping out of the water while paddling down the river! The lessons are provided in a safe and friendly environment. This is a must do when visiting Oahu!

Seeing the turtles is my favorite treat!! Its like the dessert of a fun-packed full course of Stand-Up Paddling! Thank you for coming out with us, Mariah had so much fun with you guys.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Rainbow watersports were awesome. We were welcomed and taken care of as soon as we arrived. No worries for keys and any valuables. They are ready to secure everything to ensure a carefree fun time. My husband had a little harder time getting up and Jodie was patient and gave him the space to be successful on his terms. It was really great. Now we have two boards for a lake and will be coming back to HI next year to learn how to SUP surf!!

StandupPaddleGirl, Owner at Stand Up Paddle Lessons -- Rainbow Watersports Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

My absolute favorite thing about Rainbow is becoming friends with our paddlers. Thank you for your continued friendship. I look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 27 May 2014

My husband booked it as a surprise for me as he knows I love water sports. This one is a super great one. We both love it. Jodie, our instructor, was also very experienced. She taught us how to firmly stand on the board in a very short time. She also took pictures for us along the way. How great! Some instructors in other activities do not understand the moment and didn't provide this service. This is way above our expectations. Moreover, for the second half session, the sea was a bit rough. We could not make much progress. Jodie was never tired to encourage us to paddle through and even helped towing me. She is very strong and experienced. After all because of the rough weather, we ended up paddling 2 more hours. It was a real adventure! We both love it!

See more reviews
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I loved the Sunset SUP session. My husband booked it for the two of us for my birthday and we had a great time. Our instructor was great, she was fun and friendly and got us to do ticks and yoga on the boards after we had the hang of the basics. We saw lots of turtles on the river and a beautiful sunset in the bay. I highly recommend Rainbow for your paddle boarding experience.

Heather! Thank you so much for your wonderful review! I love the sunset session and I am so glad you enjoyed our yoga, we are actually inviting a yoga instructor to come teach lessons on paddleboard. Hope you return for more exciting adventures:)

Travellers who viewed Stand Up Paddle Lessons -- Rainbow Watersports Adventures also viewed

Been to Stand Up Paddle Lessons -- Rainbow Watersports Adventures? Share your experiences!