More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: FUN is our mission! Learn to stand up paddle in a calm bay and a lush river where you are greeted by sea turtles, fish, and peacocks. Along the way, our friendly instructors, all of whom are certified lifeguards, will teach you the skills to be confident stand up paddlers. We guarantee that you can stand up and that you'll have a great time with us. Come by yourself or with a group. All groups are private – we do not join you with strangers. Lessons are 2 hours and photos are available free of charge. We are available from sun-up to sun-down. We do not have set times; we go when it is convenient for you. If your time permits, come experience our spectacular Sunset Lesson. Ready for even more paddling fun? Join us for our astounding coastal adventure (come see the dolphins!)or our fitness paddle. Stand up paddling with Rainbow Watersports is an ideal activity for paddlers of all abilities, experience, and ages (4 and up). Come drink in our aloha spirit and enjoy what many visitors are calling “the best activity on the island”!
Hillsboro, Oregon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Eco tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

My wife and I were pleased to discover that the Eco Tour was a private SUP experience. We were expecting to be part of a group. Heidi and Jodie met us at the bay in Haleiwa and drove us up the coastline. The two quickly moved the boards to the water's edge. Jodie gave us a quick lesson in the sand and then we were off beyond the waves and the crowd at the beach. We were able to go at our own pace and were not rushed to complete the 4.5 miles. We saw several turtles which was one the main draws. Heidi had said that SUP is harder than it looks and I agree. My wife, however, jumped right on and found it easier than it looked. Jodie took pictures while we were out on the ocean. We stopped for lunch, which they provided, on a quiet beach. We didn't make it to the endpoint but Jodie got on the phone and Heidi picked us up. It was a wonderful experience and one of the highlights of our vacation.

1 Thank Ken H
StandupPaddleGirl, General Manager at Stand Up Paddle Lessons -- Rainbow Watersports Adventures, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
WOo Hoo!! The Eco Adventure is great for getting away from the crowds on the beach or the river, and the stop for lunch on the secluded beach is one of my favorite parts! Thank you for coming out and adventuring with us!

24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“Great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

My wife and I had a wonderful time learning SUP. Heidi was excellent. She made it fun to learn and gave us enough confidence that we decided to take up SUP as a sport/activity. They are responsive and easy to deal with. Highly recommend Rainbow Watersports Adventures!

Visited June 2014
StandupPaddleGirl, General Manager at Stand Up Paddle Lessons -- Rainbow Watersports Adventures, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Wow!! We love it when our paddlers that come out with us take it to the next level for their own sport and entertainment. So glad you had a wonderful time learning!
“Great family experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

I found Rainbow watersports as highly recommended in a local brochure so I signed up online for a lesson for my daughter and I. The instructor, Mariah, was very relaxed and professional. She made my 9 y/o daughter feel comfortable throughout despite being on the open water for the first time. Would totally recommend it for the great times and awesome views (and occasional sea turtle). It was so much fun that we're very likely going to be shopping for our own boards!

Visited June 2014
Awesome!! We loved going out with you and your daughter! Sweet, hope to see you out on the water again (on your own board!!)
Sydney, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Wonderful!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

My husband and I did a two hour SUP Lesson with Heidi and Michael and we loved it! It was an excellent way to practice our paddling, in a very very safe environment, and absolutely beautiful scenery. The sea turtles were abundant, as well as lots of other birdlife and a lovely river to paddle along. Heidi and Michael were both lovely people and really kind to a beginner (me!!) Go and do it, you won't regret it.

Visited June 2014
We love taking out beginners to show them how safe and wonderful this sport is!! Thank you for coming out and experiencing the river with us!
Greeneville, Tennessee, Usa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great family outing! One of our top adventures!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

First let me tell you all the things we did this week on our first trip to Oahu: Waikiki Beach; Hanuama Bay; Lyon Arboretum; Makapuu Lighthouse hike; Pearl Harbor; Ko Olina Lagoons; Fireworks at the Hilton Hotel; Tropical Farms(macadamia nut farm); Dole Plantation; Waimea Bay beach (Cliff Jump); Dolphin/Turtle Snorkel Adventure; Chief's Luau; Waimea Valley Waterfall; PCC; SUP-rainbow Watersports; Diamond Head; Kualoa Ranch movie tour and secret island; Lanikai Beach; and Pali Lookout. Whew!!!! That's a lot.
The trip was awesome and everything we did we enjoyed.
There were 4 in my family. Me (38), my wife (39), and my sons (12 & 6).
SUP with Rainbow was in everyone's top 2 or 3 things we did (for me it was #1). I loved it.
Jodi was our instructor and Heidi joined us for a while as well. We started out with dry land instructions and Jodi was very detailed. She also was very polite and helpful and engaged everyone in the family perfectly. She made it clear that we were going to have a great time, see some sea turtles and that SAFETY was #1.
I forgot to mention that Heidi called me the day before to confirm that everything was set to go and to ask if I had any questions (I appreciated that _ she was the only one in our excursions to do that).
We started out on the beach in the ocean paddling on our knees. My 6 year old was on the board with Jodi wearing a life jacket that Jodi provided him. We went around a rock bend into the river and paddled in the calm waters of the river. My 12 year old fell in a couple of time on purpose and a couple of times not on purpose. My 6 year old fell in a few times on purpose as well to enjoy the water. Fortunately(or maybe not as the water looked very nice) my wife and I both stayed on our board the entire time. We paddled to a specific point (about a mile or so down the river), sat down on our boards and enjoyed some bottled water that Jodi brought along. She made sure to collect them so not to lose them in the river. We started our paddle back and started seeing several turtles. Some we SUP right by as they gently floated in from the ocean. Jodi was very informative about the turtles and provided some insight to these beautiful animals. We learned several stances and strokes in SUP. This came in handy for me later when we were on the secret island and they offered some SUP. Many people who were trying it kept falling in, making me feel good when I jumped on and did it with no problems. THANKS JODI!!
We did the sunset paddle at 5:15pm. I would recommend this as it was a perfect time to see a beautiful sunset in the ocean and was the time several turtles were coming in for the night.
You will love this and you will love the way you are treated and engaged by this wonderful professional team!

1 Thank Jason S
Probably the best vacation ever!! You guys fit as much as you could into your trip on Oahu. Jodi is wonderful at emphasizing SAFETY is #1.. so we can have as much FUN as possible! So happy you were able to use those skills later on in your trip as well and show them how Stand Up Paddleboarding is done:) Keep on Paddling!

Travellers who viewed Stand Up Paddle Lessons -- Rainbow Watersports Adventures also viewed

Been to Stand Up Paddle Lessons -- Rainbow Watersports Adventures? Share your experiences!