“great surf lesson for any level!”

Surf Hawaii Surf School
More attraction details
Owner description: Let surfing enhance your life! Surf Hawaii - Surf School is one of the most respected surfing school in Hawaii and on the North Shore of Oahu. The owner Edison de Paula is the head coach, with more then 25 years of experience. We teach surfing lessons, stand up paddle lessons and we run our Surf Camps designed to enable surfers of all ages and skill levels to live the dream of riding waves on the beautiful beaches of Hawaii. Surfing with Edison and his team of professional instructors is an exhilarating, healthy and natural experience available on the North Shore of Oahu. See what a difference professional surf instruction and the latest technology can make. Edison's surf school, a qualified professional surf coach that will make your dreams of surfing a reality! They are carefully selected, experienced instructors and experts in surfing. Our surf instructors are Lifeguards, CPR and First Aid certified.
Indianapolis, Indiana
“great surf lesson for any level!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2010

Visited Hawaii this past week to experience some great sights and activities. One of my best memories of the week was taking a surf lesson with Edison de Paula. I was new to surfing and he showed and explained to me the basics of surfing with a thorough lesson- I could tell he has some great experience out in the water and read how I was doing getting up on the board and gradually challenged me throughout the session. (I was able to ride a number of waves throughout the session- an amazing feeling!) Waikiki is nice, but the North Shore is the place to be for great waves- whether a beginner, intermediate, or experienced- Edison is a great instructor and a very nice guy- I would highly recommend him or his company.

Chicago
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Unlike any other experience, trust these guys!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2010

Surf Hawaii is a small non-descript operation. I met the main guy, Eddison, at his van instead of at a large surf shop. You could not ask for a better personality. He was nice, patient, funny and very encouraging. Definitely go for the one-on-one lessons. I think the other guy's name is Calvin, but I didn't see him. Eddison had me standing up by the third wave. With the one-on-one you'll be able to ask more questions and catch more waves. The guy also helped me paddle along when I couldn't feel my arms anymore. It also helps to be flexible with these guys. If they suggest waiting until a later time in the day so that the surf conditions will be better, trust them! I'll also add that Hale'iwa is a nice spot. It was much less crowded than Waikiki, and you can choose to ride some bigger waves in October (if you're up for it), which is about the time I went.

1 Thank elfslinger
Toronto
“Best Surfing School In Hawaii!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2009

I had the most wonderful experience rapidly learning how to surf with the knowledgable instructors at Surf Hawaii Surf School on Oahu. www.surfhawaii4u.com

The instructors are thorough and encouraging and make you feel confident and safe before even stepping into the ocean to paddle out! Not only that but they are certified oceanic lifeguards so you know they've got your back.

I picked up surfing much faster than I could ever imagine and had an amazing time on the North Shore surf tour. Now I am a surfing addict ;)

I highly recommend learning to surf with the team at Surf Hawaii, you will be VERY happy with your experience.

Been to Surf Hawaii Surf School? Share your experiences!