“A fabulous experience - don't miss it if you are staying in Oahu!!”

Happy Trails Hawaii
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Aloha! Please join us as we celebrate our 25th year of providing a top quality guest experience on Oahu's scenic north shore of Hawaii. Nestled on the hilltop above picturesque Waimea bay, our well trained horses and professional guides escort you through our hidden island paradise. Explore nature's rustic charm as you ride along trails that weave through sun-filtered forests, fern laced valleys and organic tropical fruit orchards. Enjoy a "taste of Hawaii" as you sample our seasonal ranch grown varieties of bananas, guava, star and passion fruit. Capture panoramic ocean and mountain views at scenic vistas along your trail ride. Come, share in our spirit of aloha and the pleasure of horseback riding with Happy Trails Hawaii.
Sydney, Australia
“A fabulous experience - don't miss it if you are staying in Oahu!!”
Reviewed 16 January 2014

Mum and I went on the 2hr trail ride with Mark this morning and had the most wonderful time. From the outset we were made to feel welcome and given a thorough introduction to the basics of horse riding to make sure we felt as comfortable as possible once we mounted our horses. I rode Waimea and mum rode Spirit and they were both just absolutely beautiful horses. They had the loveliest temperament and were such a joy to ride. The ride itself was magnificent. The trail we rode was stunning - especially when you get to the lookouts over Waimea and Haleiwa, it's breathtaking. Mark was such a delightful character and we enjoyed a great chat over the course of the ride. He was so knowledgable and stopped to teach us about the local vegetation on the way which was great. If you are looking for a great time then definitely go to Happy Trails! It's such a unique way to see the north shore of Oahu and its great value too. Thanks Happy Trails Hawaii and Mark for a great morning and lovely memories.
Ciara and Jackie (from Sydney, Australia!)

• Korean first
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
172 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 130 helpful votes
“Not truly 2 hr ride and ovetpriced”
Reviewed 12 January 2014

We have done many horse trails. This one was just not worth 99. We got on a horse at 10:20 and where back to stables before 12. Horses seemed worn and place really filthy. Bathroom OMG

3 Thank Christina N
Alberta
54 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 75 helpful votes
“Excellent ride!”
Reviewed 10 January 2014

Our group of eight went on the 2 hour ride and had a great time! I would highly recommend this company. We had a few beginners in our group, children ranging in ages from 8 to 16, and all were first time riders and very comfortable. We would definitely go again!

Visited December 2013
Honolulu, Hawaii
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“fun and safe family outing”
Reviewed 6 January 2014

My daughters wanted to do a trial ride and after researching, we decided on Happy Trails. Definitely a good choice. Mark was our trail guide, along with Mercedes. Mark did a thorough orientation and arranged the order of the riders in the group to maximize safety. The ride itself was beautiful. Veiws of the Waimea valley, North Shore, and the forest and mountains. The guides were very friendly and pointed out the indigenous vegetation species along the way and talked about the history of the area. I really enjoyed that part. The kids had a wonderful time, and we stopped and played in the waves on the way back to Honolulu. I would definitely recommend this company for riding on Oahu.

Des Moines, Iowa
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Just what my Daughter wished for!”
Reviewed 30 December 2013

My daughter wanted go horseback riding after going to a friends birthday party this summer. So, while on vacation, my wife and I looked for a place that would let a 6year old ride by herself. We were thrilled to find that Happy Trails would let her ride her own horse!
They were very helpful -- my son drank in a little too much ocean during his Surfing Lesson (Hawaiian Fire Surf School -- Excellent!), so we had to reschedule our ride.

Mark took the 4 of us out for a 90 minute stroll through the wooded trail. Very beautiful -- and quiet. It almost made you forget where you were -- and after dealing with Honolulu traffic, it was very pleasant and refreshing to be someplace serene...

My Daughter had the time of her life -- everytime I asked her how she was, she would respond "THIS IS GREAT!!" Next time, I would love to spend more time exploring on the North Shore. I will certainly be going back to Happy Trails when I do!

Visited December 2013