“I "Larb" the food”

Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Full service BYOB
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

The LARB CHICKEN was the best thing I ate in Hawaii. The flavors had your tastebuds in a world of flavor. A MUST VISIT!!!!!!!

1  Thank Mey Leeya S
There are newer reviews for Opal Thai

Reviewed 18 April 2014

We travelled here from Laie on Tuesday 15th April & were very sad that it was not open as I had been looking forward to trying this food for months whilst preparing for our Honeymoon in Oahu! Not to worry - my husband and I went back today & were there for the opening at 11am...We were both extremely happy with the very friendly service, the fact that we were asked what we liked & didn't like & then pleasantly surprised with what we were served instead of just ordering off the menu made this experience better. My husband can be a little fussy when it comes to food but he loved everything he tried...I'd love to say that we would be back - perhaps for our 50th wedding anniversary as it's a long way from Australia - but geez it was worth it!!! :0)

Reviewed 11 April 2014

I saw Opal's on the Travel channel, at that time it was a food truck. I saw that he made curry chicken with white meat so I was excited to try the food out. I knew that he did not allow you to order your own food and was almost disappointed when we walked in and were given menu's. A few minutes later the owner came out took our menu's and began with a barrage of questions. I am one of the pickiest eaters you will ever find and he was so understanding and wanted to find food that would make me happy. He was careful to learn what we all liked and served three distinct dishes along with 2 appetizers. We left full and very satisfied.

1  Thank Dannielle H
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Just great Thai food, reasonably priced, compared to other Oahu restaurants. We ate there twice. Delicious pad thai and curries. I highly recommend it. Basically, the cost is $11 per plate.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

We heard about this place on TV, and were not sure how the food truck experience would transfer to a restaurant. We were met with smiles, and open arms. The Chef was amazing! After only a few minutes he presented us with dishes that were tasty, fresh and flavorful! By far one of the best (if not the best) Thai food we have eaten. It was a great experience, worth every penny and the drive from Waikiki. What an honor to have food made especially for you and your tastes. If you are a little freaked out by the thought of someone else ordering for you, don't worry, anything he makes for you will be amazing, just go ahead and trust the chef!