“Great dining experience! ”
Review of Opal Thai - MOVED

Opal Thai
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Full service BYOB
Laurel, Maryland
“Great dining experience! ”
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

I don't understand why so many people are bashing Opal's because of the way he runs his business. I knew before going that I shouldn't bother looking at the menu.

Anyway! I love this place. It's a different experience every time.

It's BYOB with free table service which is awesome.

Get there when the restaurant opens or you'll most likely have to wait.

I'll leave you with a tip I heard from Opal, "If you see a lime, squeeze it!"

• Korean first
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Third Try”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We would like to see this local place succeed, but once again - on our third visit - it did not succeed with us. The owner is still pushy, taking away our menus. The food is only so-so. For better food, go next door to L&L. For much better Thai food, go a few miles away to Phuket Thai in Mililani.

• Visited April 2014
7 Thank Hawaii-Biker
Irvine, California
“Must try”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We saw this restaurant on Food Network and being a Thai food enthusiast, I had to try it. The first day we went, we did a take out. The second time we dined in. The owner came to our table to introduce himself and pretty much picked all of our selections for us, even for our kids. All of the dishes were delicious. Highly recommend this place!

Visited June 2014
Orem, Utah
“Amazing”
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

The owner comes out and helps everyone order their food. I'm not a big Thai food eater but this was amazing. The food was incredible. Then to top it all off they brought us out cheesecake. Cheesecake is my favorite dessert and this just might have been the best cheesecake I've ever had.

Brazoria, TX
“Small restaurant, Great experience”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We share the other reviews about the owner coming out to the table and asking what you like. I thought Opal was humorous and witty, not rude as others have said. We were NOT disappointed. He had us served with a delicious assortment of dishes, that just kept on coming. Enjoyed every course.
The kids at our table (ages 3 and 6) did not care for the meal as much, not their kind of atmosphere/food. I do think this is geared more toward the adult diners.
If you care for a beer or wine with your meal, walk to the near by Longs Drugs and get your selection. Opal's does not serve that, but has a BYOB. They will even keep your open bottle on ice in the kitchen and serve it as required, a nice touch.
Just note that this is a small place, very few tables. Far fewer tables than customers. I recommend you make a reservation.

• Visited June 2014