“Excellent beginners surf lessons!”
Review of Go Nuts Hawaii

Go Nuts Hawaii
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Not the only but the one surf shop in town!We have a great variety of new and used surfboards, long boards,body boards,SUP for rent and sale, We have free delivery and pick up for any rental any where in the island. We provide surf lessons and Stand up surf lessons all over the island,CPR certified friendly instructors with a lots local knowledge in all the brakes. we also have the latest hardware to turn your surf experience even more pleasure.Also you can come stay with Us on our surf camp on the renowned North Shore of Oahu and live the experience of the real spirit of surfing all over. Mahalo!
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

Instructors were great! Both were very patient. My instructor Juan Carlos was always by my side. I felt completely safe and was able to get up! Thanks for the wonderful experience!

All reviews
in 6 reviews
in 19 reviews
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 14 March 2014

We bought the Groupon and got even more than we paid for! Our instructor was patient with us first-timers and got us both up and surfing within minutes. He was in no rush to bring us back to shore - we were supposed to get a one hour lesson and ended up getting 2 hours. Very nice guys to deal with. We'll be back for more rentals and lessons someday!

Reviewed 7 March 2014

This company is awesome and must be under new management because the level of service I received over a week of renting boards for myself and friends was fantastic. Boards are in great condition and the employees fit the board well to the skill level of the surfers. (They even made non-surfers feel like we were progressing.) We received personalized training from an instructor including paddling technique, popping and positioning ourselves for sets. Very friendly instruction and one of their locations is super convenient to several North Shore breaks. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

I've rented surfboards from these guys for three years in a row. They are the best. The owner Cesar is a super nice guy that really cares about your experience in the ocean. He took a lot of time with me to make sure I was going to the right places for my skill level. They have the best selection of good boards of any rental shop I've seen in Oahu. I couldn't ever imagine renting from anywhere else.

See more reviews
Reviewed 26 February 2014

We bought a groupon for surfing with Go Nuts a couple months ago to use while we were in Hawaii. No where on the coupon does it say you can't use on weekends but when we tried to get a spot on a saturday or sunday morning, we were told they coupons don't apply on weekends and holidays (it wasn't a holiday). Then we asked for a Friday and Friday was all booked up at the Waikiki location and the only way we could use it was to go to North Shore. We did and it was fine. The surfing lesson was adequate and we all got up on our feet. However, the surf boards we were lent for the lesson were actually stand-up paddle boards and not surfboards, which made it really difficult to paddle because they are wider and thicker. It's supposed to be easier to get up on. I've taken a surfing lesson before and used a surfboard and it was fine though. Our other friends who just rented the surf boards but didn't get the lesson were given actual surfboards. Rental is $25 for the whole day which isn't a bad price. They also provided us with lycra shirts to prevent chaffing which is a big thumbs up.

All in all, it was inconvenient to have had to drive to the other side of the island to surf and annoying that we weren't able to use the groupon on the weekend. I would say to phone first and double check with them before you buy any groupons in the future with them. I would also request for an actual surfboard for your lesson too.

2  Thank HayleyNH