“Buttons makes surfing easy!”

Buttons Surf School
Denver, Colorado
“Buttons makes surfing easy!”
Reviewed 23 June 2013

If you visit Oahu and miss surf lessons with Buttons you have really missed out! All three of my girls caught 20 waves each during the lesson! This is by the far the best time we have ever had in Hawaii! Buttons and his team are great people who truly want you to have a great time. Buttons uses a great beach that is not crowded and you can hang out all day snorkeling etc... Bring a picnic lunch and have a great time! Many thanks to Buttons, Rosie, Brock, Magic and even Keoki (photographer)---you guys rock!

Daryn and family from Colorado.

Visited June 2013

Tracy, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“My four year old went surfing...and loved it!!”
Reviewed 21 June 2013

Obviously there are already a lot of 5 star reviews for Buttons Surf School, and that's because they deserve nothing less! My four year old daughter has wanted to try surfing ever since she watched the movie Lilo and Stitch, I thought she might be too young but it turns out surfing has no age requirement! We had a lesson with Rosie and Jake and they were absolutely wonderful, Rosie stayed on a board with my daughter and they caught lots of waves, she even stood up! It was a beautiful location and along with the surfing we also got to enjoy the sea turtles! Well worth the money to see such a big smile on my daughter's face and to enjoy the beauty of Hawaii from the ocean. If you're thinking about trying surfing, go with Buttons Surf School!

Visited June 2013
Portland, Oregon
“Excellent time learning to surf!”
Reviewed 19 May 2013

Had so much fun! Buttons is such a great instructor, and such a nice guy. I was so happy to successfully surf - was the highlight of my trip!

Loma Linda, California
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“My first real surfing lesson: what a blast!”
Reviewed 17 April 2013

I had a fantastic time! Buttons is a great teacher and just a really good guy with a good heart (he does a lot of volunteer work, helping disabled children and children with cystic fibrosis learn to surf). Everybody knows him, and every time I was paddling back to him after I rode a wave (yes, he had me riding waves right away), I saw him helping little kids and beginner surfers. He runs the school with his wife, and his adorable kids are always with them. He is calming and encouraging at the same time. At any age (I'm 43), you will have a really fun time.

The Entrance, Australia
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Could not have been better”
Reviewed 7 April 2013

I have to admit I know nothng about surfing or surfers. we werent going to bother but as we're moving to Sydney in a few months thougt it would be a good idea to give the kids a taster. I didnt realise when we booked this who buttons was or what his contribution had been to surfing - but the autograph hunters that kept coming up to him gave us a clue that he was something special!
We wimped out but our 7+9 year olds loved every second of this and were both up and riding the waves all the way in within minutes. Buttons and his staff were friendly, professional and we trusted out kids with them completely. He told us he already rides with his 18 month old and I believe him! He was just so good with the kids.
The beach they use is gorgeous and popular with families. I just dont see what more we could have asked -- dont hesitate to book this if you're considering it. I should mention he was the best value we found as well.
Thanks guys for landing us with two surf obsessed kids!

1 Thank markdruid

Been to Buttons Surf School? Share your experiences!