“FINGER LICKIN!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dat Cajun Guy

Dat Cajun Guy
Ranked #15 of 88 Restaurants in Haleiwa
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Pensacola, Florida
“FINGER LICKIN!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

I got the BBQ shrimp with brown rice and bread for dipping, It was sooooo good and seasoned just right with a little spice.
My hubby got fried fish with red beans and rice. Needless to say the plates were licked clean and were definitely going back....probably this week. The fish was fried perfectly and even the beans and rice were to die for. The BBQ shrimp came in a bowl with ALOT of sauce( which I love )
so you could dip your bread in it and very large shrimp. The service was great , the people were friendly and brought out our food and then walked around to ask us how everything was(surprising for a food truck) Cool vibe out there with the trucks and shops and you could spend the whole day our there with all that and then the beach being a minute away. I think our plates were like $12-$13 each and since it was seafood and it was amazing it was a great deal.
Keep it up Cajun Guy and Cajun Guy workers.

• Visited May 2014

San Francisco, California
“A slice of the south”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

I tried this food truck after seeing the TA reviews. The food was delicious, hot and seasoned very well. I tried the gumbalaya, gumbo served with jambalaya instead of white or brown rice. My husband had a sausage po' boy and we both shared an order of hot and fresh beignets. The service was great. The staff brings your order to your picnic table and continues to come out of the truck to fill your drinks and to see if they can get anything for you. The young man who served us, That Cajun Guy, is personable and his southern roots are obvious in his mannerisms.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Hiltin
Vancouver, Canada
“First Time, not the last!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

We drove up to the North Shore, and stopped by because we heard of Giovanni's. But then we noticed Dat Cajun Guy being filmed for a TV show called Road Trip, and thought we should give it a shot! A couple things first: our family LOVES food. We're Chinese, so we're also very 'value' based, and we have young kids so they don't always love everything.

I ordered the Fish Po' Boy, and it was HUGE. it was as long as a sub, and I'm pregnant so I love my food even more now. I tried to mow it down, but my kids got to it first - and they don't even like pickles and onions but they devoured it. There was a great sauce in it too, a little spicy but the kids seemed to love that even more?! Good thing it was a big sandwich, or else I would have to starve my children. My husband got the Gumbolaya, and it was a great smokey stew, and our friends got a sausage sandwich, jamabalaya along with the refillable sweetened iced teas and ben-yays.... we were pretty much in a food coma. We also ended up being interviewed by the host (G. Garvin?) of the TV show that was being filmed as a result of our enthusiasm for their food, which was quite a great experience!

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank mrs_lo3
Seattle
“Love”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

This is the second year we tracked down this food truck. Even better than before. Plus the service was awesome. Sooooo nice. It's messy so bring hand wipes!

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Rose_Seattle
Las Vegas
“Really good shrimp po-boy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2014

We were here for 2 weeks and ate at 10 different food trucks, 8 shrimp trucks. This was by far the best food, the po-boy was so big and had so many shrimp for $9.50 also the best deal on the island. Only bummer we ate here on our last day as tired or trying garlic shrimp plates or we would have tried more from Dat Cajun Guy. Also very friendly and helpful!!

• Visited February 2014