“Fantastic experience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Island Style Surf School

Island Style Surf School
More attraction details
Owner description: At Island Style Surf School you will have a unique and relaxed surf experience that you can't find anywhere else. With safety first and detailed instruction, we make sure that you have the time of your life on the famous waves of the North Shore Oahu, Hawaii! With instruction from professional surfer, Sergio Lima, and his crew of local certified instructors, you can feel secure that you and your family are in good hands. Come and see why at Island Style you will have a lesson like no other! Surf the north shores legendary waves in Haleiwa, Sunset Beach, Pupukea, and Wailua! Aloha!
Cleveland, Ohio
48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Fantastic experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

We booked the honeymoon package, which included a private couples' surf lesson, a sunset photo shoot, snacks, and drinks and honestly, I can't imagine anything Sergio and Carly could have done better. I made a huge mistake and didn't show up on the correct day but when I called Carly, she was SO nice about it, rescheduling so we could have this experience before we left Oah'u. Sergio is an excellent teacher - my husband I were both standing up by the second wave, when I was hoping to manage one wave during the entire lesson. Do consider booking here if you are interested in surfing lessons.

Visited October 2013

Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“So friendly, passionate and helpful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

After looking around at various surf schools we found that we could get private lessons for the same price as group lessons with other places. We certainly made the right choice! Sergio is passionate about what he does and it shines through when he teaches people. I'm not a huge fan of the water but even I gave it a go and had fun. My partner had the best time and still wishes we could go back! Both Carly and Sergio are incredibly friendly and helpful. Couldn't have met two nicer people!

Visited September 2013
Montreal, Canada
“Sergio rocks”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013

First Time ever surfing, i was a little apprehensive until I spoke with Carly on the phone, she was really great to talk to and answered all my questions, I already started to feel more relaxed about trying to start surfing at 47. We showed up early Carly was there taking pictures of a student Sergio was working with. When my time to surf was up Sergio put me at ease with his laid back style and approach. We went out and he set me up so perfectly to catch waves that I stood up on my very first try and repeated almost every time! I ran out of gas before my time was up even with Sergio doing a lot of the paddling for me it is still very demanding physically (the better shape you are in the more fun you will have). Thanks a million Sergio and Carly you guys are awsome

Visited October 2013
Brooklyn, New York
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Excellent Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

After researching for some time, I must concur with all of the rave reviews about this experience. Sergio is a passionate surfer who is so enthusiastic about teaching others. my 2 teenage girls and myself took a lesson on August 1, 2013. Sergio was patient and caring and understanding of my medical concerns that made surfing difficult for me. He had my daughter, who was born with an orthopedic impairment and has had 4 corrective feet surgeries, up and surfing on the 2nd wave! His enthusiasm and constant encouragement kept all 3 of us in the water and excited. Carly, his wife, is an excellent photographer/videographer and I am so glad that we bought the photo package. I strongly encourage anyone interested in lessons to go with Carly and Sergio -- you will get a personal, not huge group session and will be amazed with how much you can learn! Kudos to a great couple!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Livestotravel3653
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Best surf school on Oahu, Hawai'i (North Shore)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2013

I had a great time with Sergio and Carly. Not only that Sergio taught me how to surf the big waves (+ step-by-step adjusting the beginner mistakes) and Carly making great videos and pictures, but also more importantly, they really cared about me having a good time beside my surf lessons, recommending me cool stuff to do in the North Shore and showing me interesting local stuff. I definitely can recommend these easy going and nice people to get some professional surf lessons when you are coming to Hawaii ... Have fun!!!

Visited July 2013