“Reminds me of home…down the street!”

Ray's Kiawe Broiled Chicken
Ranked #16 of 89 Restaurants in Haleiwa
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Okay, so yeah, I grew up eating this type of huli-huli (rotisserie) chicken! Reminds me of the 70's when we used to go to the Haleiwa Sea Spree Carnival and eat it, yum!

It's worth driving into Haleiwa for my favorite type of chicken and Ray's does it well! I always enjoy the salty paprika flavoring of this chicken as well as their pineapple coleslaw which I must say is fantastic. Okay, it's a bit runny but still tasty. I generally don't like coleslaw but this is one I always pick up with my chicken!

There are newer reviews for Ray's Kiawe Broiled Chicken

Reviewed 22 July 2014

You must have chicken on the North Shore. Awesome BBQ chicken on the North Shore. Great chicken. Moist and delicious.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

This is a weekends only booth next to the Malama Market in Haleiwa. The wait can be long but totally worth it. We like to grab a whole chicken (or two) cut up, rice, some sauce, and the 'slaw with the pineapple in. Take it right to the beach for a little picnic!

Reviewed 7 June 2014

This wasn't a life changing meal, but what I received for the price was exceptional. I paid $6.00 for a 1/2 chicken and then $2.00 for some rice. Anytime you can buy a meal in Hawaii for less than $10.00 it is a steal. However, this is great chicken fresh off the grill. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I normally consider chicken to be bland and prefer read meat, but like I said this is very flavorful. I was there just before 11:00 and there wasn't a line, but it started to form just after I got there.

This is a great way to eat like a local and love it. I think this is only the 2nd time I have rated a restaurant a 5 and this is the only time that I ate in my car and thought it was great.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Rotisserie chicken on the north shore next to the supermarket - definitely recommend getting some. It's pretty cheap - only like $9.50 for a whole chicken and is super tender, flavorful and moist! We got a whole chicken, some local greens/veggies at the Waialua Farmers Market and some yummy papaya seed dressing and made an awesome salad with the chicken and veggies in it! Make sure to get here a little early because they do sell out and close up fast.

1  Thank safarigahry