“Good Mexican meal in a good setting”

Cholos Homestyle Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #21 of 91 Restaurants in Haleiwa
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Cholos Homestyle Mexican Restaurant & Margarita Bar located in the North Shore Market Place. A wide variety of authentic Mexican dishes with generous portions and great prices. Daily specials include Fajitas, Chile Rellenos, fresh Fish Tacos and ice cold refreshing margaritas made with fresh squeezed juices...never from a mix! Adding to the festive atmosphere and friendly staff you can dine in or take out. Cholos accepts major credit cards, open daily 9:30am - 9:30pm. large parties welcome!
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Self promoted as "best Mexican" in Hawaii and maybe it is, but don't expect the best Mexican you've had.

We have eaten here several times over 5 years and it is certainly consistently good, but not amazing compared to other places out side of Hawaii that's for sure.

We went twice on our last trip and each time the service was good as was the food.

We did have a girl waitress who was a little rude as she was not happy we ordered a drink (he came to us) from a male waiter who apparently shouldn't have been servicing our table - why do we care, he asked if we need drinks!

Never the less, generally the service is very good as are the drinks.

Fajitas are a stand out as are the enchiladas.

Nachos are ok, but nothing amazing.

Although not the best Mexican you will have, we do come back as it's very good food and importantly it is priced very well which is essential for this "very good" review.

Worth the visit if you are staying or traveling up to the North Shore.

1  Thank Scott M

Reviewed 13 May 2014

We had a craving for Mexican while on the North Shore and found this place in an outdoor shopping center we had stopped at. We were seated immediately and the waiter helped us pick out our frozen concoctions. He made great recommendations! The food was also delicious and they offered some island flair to their menu. The restaurant is very eclectic-looking and open-air. We did watch a bird fly in and land on someone's table, which was hilarious!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Best shredded beef enchiladas I've had! And the Ahi fish taco was really really good too. Wish I could say the margarita was the best (given that it's a mexican restaurant), but I've had much better. I ordered a blue hawaii marg because I love blue hawaiian drinks. I'd just stick with a classic margarita in the future. On a side note, the waitress was fairly snippy.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Great, fresh Mexican fare with killer margaritas. The service was outstanding and food was out quick and hot. Must try for Haleiwa visitors.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

This is one of my favorite places to go when I go around the island. I've found that the best time to go is when they change from breakfast to lunch service. I haven't been disappointed yet with any of the meals I've had - on my last visit a few weeks ago, I had the Fish Burrito which was really good. The service was quick and friendly, as always. The only thing that seems to be a challenge every time I go there is the parking.