“Mexican food that hit the spot!”

Cholos Homestyle Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #25 of 90 Restaurants in Haleiwa
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Cholos Homestyle Mexican Restaurant & Margarita Bar located in the North Shore Market Place. A wide variety of authentic Mexican dishes with generous portions and great prices. Daily specials include Fajitas, Chile Rellenos, fresh Fish Tacos and ice cold refreshing margaritas made with fresh squeezed juices...never from a mix! Adding to the festive atmosphere and friendly staff you can dine in or take out. Cholos accepts major credit cards, open daily 9:30am - 9:30pm. large parties welcome!
Reviewed 19 August 2014

This is a well decorated restaurant with outside seating. The Blue Hawaiian margarita was excellent. Fresh salsa and chips to snack on while waiting for your meal. Server was attentive and adequate. Had dinner with fish tacos and rice. I expected more flavor to the fish. There is a very good variety of foods to choose from.

Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

Complimentary nachos and salsa when you arrive. I had a chicken enchilada plate meal which was lovely. My husband had the fish burrito plate meal and it was really loaded with fish and tasted zingy and fresh. I was recommended to try the plum Margarita and it was quite a distinct taste but very nice. Compared to some other venues this was great value.

1  Thank Georgina S
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Not the best, not the worst Mexican food I've ever had ... ordered black beans with my meal and was served refried beans. next time I will try one of the food trucks in town.

Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

The food and service here were very good for our party of six. 1pm lunch. I had the fajitas which were very authentic and tasty, filling. No complaints from anyone in my group. We had a variety of dishes ranging from enchiladas to quesadillas. All very good. Margaritas were outstanding.

1  Thank Shadoozy
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Took our family of eleven to eat dinner. We did call ahead, only about five minutes and we only had to wait five minutes; they were very accommodating. Nachos weren't anything special but their salsa was tasty; some of our party didn't like it and the other half loved it. Main entrees were good and filling. Margaritas were tasty too. I loved my enchilada; it was different than what I have had back home on the mainland. Hubby got fish tacos; also different than what he has had before but still good.
Highly recommended.