“Fish Tacos!”

Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Amara Rd.
Transit: For Northbound travelers you will need to get off the bus at Kamehameha HWY + Opp Emerson RD (Stop ID # 2241). If you are traveling Southbound you will need to get off at Kamehameha HWY + Haleiwa RD. (Stop ID # 2240). For additional information on holidays or possible detours please refer to www.thebus.org
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Yummy. This place is a nice restaurant located in Haleiwa. We had the catch of the day tacos and they were FANTASTIC! The salsa tasted SO fresh and the guac was yummy! We ate here on our last night and were sad that we hadn't tried it sooner. We were staying in the area and could have gone more than once!

Reviewed 6 August 2013 via mobile

I'm not used to paying this much for Mexican (average of $16-$22 per plate) but the food really was excellent. The carnitas tacos were amazingly tasty, and the homemade horchata was spectacular. Service was excellent, but the places was little crowded and noisy. I would come back when I'm not trying to be so thrifty.

Reviewed 17 July 2013

We were quite disappointed in our meals. But, we are from Arizona, we eat a lot of Mexican food, and our likes/tastes are based on our experiences at home. However, we found the staff to be friendly, we thought the service was good, we know there are "Mexican" dishes from north, central and south America, and I realize that our disappointment might not be someone else's. Go-eat-and enjoy. Others have.

If you are from the Southwest, Arizona in particular, the food at Luibueno's is not Filiberto's, Someburro's, Macayo's, El Rancho's, Tia Rosa's, Blue Adobe's, T Ztejas', Si Senor's, or Los Dos Xx's style of Mexican food in my opinion.

Reviewed 14 July 2013

We came upon this restaurant while looking through our discount cards. Everyone was very nice and friendly. Service was excellent. Food was awesome! With the specials, they only serve them once. We will not be able to return to the restaurant to have the dish again... Perhaps they will change their mind as the beer-battered shrimp tacos were terrific! We also had the carnitas. Great all-around experience and would definitely go back!

Reviewed 12 July 2013

We liked the food at this restaurant so much, we went twice in two days. The first time was with my brother who takes all his family here when they come to Oahu to visit and the second time we went on our own after checking out a few other places. We are hooked! Luibeueno's service and food are wonderful. The guacamole and margaritas are amazing. I think I had the best chicken quesadilla I've ever had! My husband had a wonderful ahi fish taco. We took business cards to distribute to family who will be traveling to Oahu in the near future. Yummy!