“Yummy hot dogs and refreshing drinks”
Review of HULA DOG Hale'iwa - CLOSED

HULA DOG Hale'iwa
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We stopped at Haleiwa and saw many food trucks, this one was selling hot dogs and some drinks. We ordered vegetarian hot dogs and it was awesome. We ordered more after having one. We also tried Lemonade with Lilikoi flavor and it was sooo refreshing. They have many options and flavors. Worth stopping and grabbing one.
They also have chips and stuff.

Dominique Q, Owner at HULA DOG Hale'iwa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Aloha SrsRocks,

Haleiwa as a lot of trucks and trailer and it's nice to know that you decide to try our Hula Dog.
Even better when we know that you love it.

Mahalo

Reviewed 20 June 2014

"Best hot dog ever" these words came out of my 18 year old teenagers mouth. Although I'm more of a mustard, ketchup, chili, slaw, and onions kind of guy, I did thoroughly enjoy my sausage dog with chili sauce, and pineapple relish. Good price too.

1  Thank R_Seagle

Aloha R_Seagle

Thank you so much for your comment and also to try something completely different as what you are use to.

Mahalo !

Reviewed 12 June 2014

First off: You have to get the hot dog in the Taro Bacon Bun. It makes all the difference. They serve all natural polish sausage or veggie dog in your choice of bun - I say in because the bun completely surrounds the dog - with choice of traditional or tropical toppings (fillings in this case). Go for the tropical, you can have yellow mustard at home. I had mine with the mild garlic sauce, pineapple relish and lilikoi mustard. The bun has just a hint of sweetness and the crunch of the tiny bacon pieces scattered throughout the bun is wonderful. Covered outdoor seating is right there. Fresh squeezed lemonade as well. The owner (from Geneva, Switzerland of all places) came up and spoke with us and seemed genuinely interested to know what we thought. Fill up here and forget about the famous Matsumoto's Shave Ice down the road which is a tourist trap of the highest order.

1  Thank Erik A
Dominique Q, Owner at HULA DOG Hale'iwa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

Aloha Erik,
Thanks so very much for your comment. It's always a pleasure to serve all my clients and when I have the time to chat with you its even better.

Aloha Dominique

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I'm pregnant and having the strangest pregnancy cravings, and while i never eat hot dogs, the Hula Dog truck was speaking to me while we were in Hale'iwa. It was so amazing. The bun wraps all the way around the hot dog, and the relishes and sauces that are available are so fresh and tasty. Would love to have something like this in DC!

1  Thank jessica j

Aloha Jessica,

I hope you had a good trip back home in Virginia. Thank you to take the time to send us your comment. I wish you a beautiful and healthy baby.
Maybe DC will be our next Hula Dog Franchise.

Aloha !!!

Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

We read the previous reviews and are always wanting to try something new. We stopped before they closed and we had the fortune to meet the owner. She introduced herself and sat with us and gave us more than just a hula dog, conversation.

The hula dog was wonderful and the lemonade is fresh. Get the exotic relishes and Hawaiian mustards. They (along with the fresh bread) are what make it a hula dog.

The owner told us the story of the puka dog (she started selling hot dogs in front of her art gallery because she needed a hook to get people in) which she now gave up in a divorce (she didn't want to fight).

Now she started from scratch with hula dog. She is one tough swiss (yep originally from Switzerland). She has all the original recipes that puka dog will loose in a couple years so beware of imitations. The hula dog is the real deal not puka.

She's not there all the time but when she is the stories are amazing and the food too.

1  Thank flyfisher007_12

Hello flyfisheroo7,

Thank you for your comment guys. Just keep in mind that Puka Dog is my first baby and I will never do anything to hurt it.