“Great Local Food Truck!”

VJ's North Shore Dogs & Burgers
Ranked #41 of 93 Restaurants in Haleiwa
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Haleiwa is a great stop on the way to exploring the North Shore. The food trucks are a must if you want some great food before heading out to surf, snorkel, hike, or swim in the North Shore area. VJ's won't disappoint. They have great burgers and hot dogs and some awesome home made condiments--ketchup and mayo is awesome!! My husband and I visited a friend who lives on Oahu and is a big foodie and he suggested VJs saying it was one of the best food trucks on the island!

Reviewed 8 August 2014

This place is amazing! All of their beef is grass fed from Maui. All of their add ons are fresh and mostly organic and local! That's so amazing for a food truck! I had the Pele' Burger...the burger's creator described it to me as "it'll take you right to that edge but not over, ya know?" His description was right on! Would go back to this place in a heartbeat! Also the condiments are homemade...simply amazing!

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

A quick stop in Haleiwa for lunch we came across a pull on area just before town with food trucks.
We chose VJ's as the food looked a little different from the normal shrimp trucks.
My wife ordered the fish burger and I ordered the pulled pork bun. Both meals were really good and better than a lot of the restaurants we have been to in Oahu.
Definitely recommend if you are driving through to stop at VJ's.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

This place is off the hook! Their burgers are the best I have ever had (if you like it hot, their "Pele - Goddess of Fire" burger reigns supreme)! Today I had their "Kahlua Pig" pulled pork sandwich. Nobody stateside can compare. This is a must try place! Also, their neighbor, VJ's Butcher Block, has the best meats I have had.

1  Thank Courtdd
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Best burgers on Oahu! Also try the jerky from VJ's Butcher Block behind the burger shack - it's pretty amazing too! The staff are super friendly and atmosphere is great. Good for families, couples, or solo!