“Best Thai”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 16 February 2013

We stopped here for lunch when holidaying in Hawaii in January. For 4 adults & 2 kids the bill came in at around $60 with drinks. The food was so tasty. The best Thai food I have had for a very long time. Highly recommend a dinner or lunch here - try the peanut curry, it's so good.

Reviewed 10 February 2013

This is the best place to eat on the island. We are on a 7-week holiday on the North Shore and eat here several times each week. Just the most incredible value, brilliant food, and great service from 'adults' - not silly little girls!!!

Reviewed 13 December 2012

Don't waste your time going anywhere near this restaurant unless you love spectacular food, incredible service and genuine staff. We are on a two week vacation and have already y made e thirty minute trip for turtle bay to this restaurant twice. The pad Thai just bursts with flavour and the green curry with coconut rice is so good you will wish you had a few extra stomachs. Excellent portions, outstanding quality, fair prices and a spectacular staff. This has to be on your list if you love Thai (good quality that is) food

2  Thank Luvqlty
Reviewed 7 December 2012

This is my favorite Thai restaurant on the island. We always have great service and the food is consistently excellent. My fave is the drunken noodles. Also enjoy the pad Thai, and my husband always gets veggie curry. Love that all the dishes are loaded with fresh vegetables. I'm a big fan of their tofu- I always get it with my noodles. It's high quality tofu, and they lightly fry it before adding it to the entrees. Of course, you can order chicken, beef, or shrimp, if you aren't a fan of tofu. Try the fresh spring rolls, they're very tasty, and the dipping sauce is the best I've ever had. I save what's left to put on my noodles! While I've never had the pineapple fried rice, or the fried banana and ice cream, my friends say both dishes are fantastic.

The restaurant is small, but artsy on the inside. There's a few tables outside, with candles burning at night. My husband and I like to sit outside and enjoy the fresh air with dinner. As some reviewers have mentioned, the bathroom is through the kitchen. I have no problem with this. If you're not used to the bathroom situation here on the island, let me just say, it's a blessing when a place actually has a bathroom, especially when it is clean, like theirs is. One last note, like many places in Hale' Iwa, it's cash only.

Reviewed 26 August 2012

Our daughter had lived in Haleiwa for 6 months a couple of years ago, and had fallen in love with ... of all things , the fried ice cream at Haleiwa Eats. As strange as that may sound , it was based on her memory of what she thought was" the best fried ice cream in the world" that brought us to decide to dine at Haleiwa Eats. As they were busy the night of our dining at Haleiwa Eats, we were seated at a makeshift table that actually put us in the area where food was being prepared! When my wife asked to use the bathroom , she was told to WALK THRU THE KITCHEN (!) to get to the facility ! On to the meal itself. We're no experts on Thai food. Although it all tasted "authentic" to us, ( it is Zagat rated), apparently those better versed with making that determination have issues with the place. The food tasted fine to us. Our issue was with the announcement once we were done with our entrees that " their freezer had broken", so there would be no fried ice cream that floored us. After her announcement , the server could see the pall that fell over our table, and she tried to make light of the situation by saying , " hopefully that won't ruin anybodies day". Uh, well .....Petty as it may seem, if we had known up front that there were menu limitations due to their freezers malfunction , we'd have almost certainly eaten elsewhere. Hey , we were on Hawaii, so every day is a good day! Just wish we'd have been informed of the establishments menu limitations prior to ordering .