“Is my plate empty already?”

Ranked #22 of 93 Restaurants in Haleiwa
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Description: The Original Shrimp Truck Since 1993
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Super delicious, plump garlicy shrimp on a bed of sticky rice. So simple and satisfying. Not for a refined dining experience, prepare to get your hands dirty. Big plus the market area has a hand wash station.

gioshrimp, Guest Relations Manager at Giovanni's Shrimp Truck, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2014

Love your title... It's ok to get your hands dirty, your on vacation in Hawaii... Happy you enjoyed the experience at the shrimp truck and hope to see you again in the future...
808-293-1839

Write a ReviewReviews (1,735)

Reviewed 12 April 2014

The quality doesn't match all the hype, poor taste, and messy. Parking is difficult if they're busy, there are actually several shrimp trucks on site, different owners. Have some sani-wipes on hand.

Sorry to hear we didn't live up to your standards... Is there anything we could do better in the future? Look forward to hearing back from you...

Reviewed 9 April 2014

We came here on a recommendation. Wow was this place busy (January).... We did contemplate moving on, but so glad we didn't. Tried both the garlic and the hot and spicy. Both were very good, but we preferred the garlic which had more flavour - rather than just the kick of spice. Servings were huge. Someday we will come back. Yum!

gioshrimp, Guest Relations Manager at Giovanni's Shrimp Truck, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2014

Thank you for giving us a chance and thank the person from us for the recommendation... We are happy you tried both shrimp plates and enjoyed them... It makes us happy you had a good time at the location and hope to see you again in the future...

Reviewed 5 April 2014

So I read the reviews from Atlanta before my trip and had to make it there before leaving Hawaii. I am from NO so I know my shrimp.This was absolutely delicious.I ate my plate and some of my daughter's. I could have actually eaten another plate of my own, but I had to contain myself. I had the scampi with spicy sauce on the side. It was hot and fresh. I ate in the car because I didn't want the bugs flying around my food. If you have problems with outdoors or eating from a truck that looks like something you might not want to eat from I wont tell you don't go. I would say to close your eyes, make your way to the truck, order your food and eat it anyways. You will be happy with yourself. And ..no the shrimp were not peeled, but I said I am from New Orleans where we peel crawfish,shrimp and crab, so no problem for me.

Coming from a shrimp pro, I guess we did ok.. LOL Thank you for the kind words and happy you enjoyed the experience at the location... Enjoy the island and hope to see you again in the future...

Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

At first I wasn't sure about eating out of a graffiti covered old truck but the shrimp were cooked perfectly and we had both the lemon butter and the garlic... We didn't have to wait that long either. Highly recommended!

Looks aren't everything, wouldn't you agree... Thank you for giving us a chance and happy to hear you enjoyed the shrimp at the location... We appreciate your recommendation to other in the future and hope to see you again... Enjoy the island...