“I dream of Giovanni's”

Description: The Original Shrimp Truck Since 1993
Canada
“I dream of Giovanni's”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Giovanni's shrimp truck deserves all the praise it gets. If you're a fan of garlic you must must must make the trip up to the North Shore and get some of Giovanni's famous shrimp scampi. I don't even particularly like shrimp but it was one of the greatest meals I've ever had. I've tried to make shrimp scampi multiple times since I came home and it's just not the same. Can't wait to get back to Giovanni's!

Visited October 2013
gioshrimp, Guest Relations Manager at Giovanni's Shrimp Truck, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
What a compliment coming from someone who doesn't like shrimp... We are happy you gave us a chance and that you enjoyed the shrimp at the location.. Stop trying to make it at home and visit us again in the future.. LOL Take care...

• Korean first
Richardson, Texas
“Oh my that rice!”
Reviewed 23 August 2014

The garlic shrimp was great as advertised, but the rice was shockingly delicious! Mind you, it was likely drenched in garlic and butter, but still! I would order that rice alone if I could.

Visited October 2013
Thank you for the great review and we are happy you enjoyed the experience at the shrimp truck.. The rice is amazing when the sauce is poured over it and settles... Enjoy the island and hope to see you again in the future...

Narashino, Japan
“ずいぶん変わってしまいました。”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

It was very delicious until last year. But, it was not delicious this year. Because it was not freshly made. I don't go anymore.

いろいろ食べ歩き、ここが一番気に入っており毎年訪問するのを楽しみにしていました。

数をこなす為作り置きするようになってしまっ残念です。

もういかないと思います。

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank jntrsnd
I'm sorry to hear that you don't feel the shrimp is fresh anymore.. I can assure you that it is made the same as last year... We hope that you will visit us again to see.. Take care..

Honolulu, Hawaii
“At least we can say we tried it...”
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

After all the hype and buildup about this place, my wife and I decided to drive out and experience it for ourselves. Of all the food trucks Giovanni's was the most populated. Lots of folks in line waiting to order and pick up. You could sense a lot of anticipation in the air fueled by the garlic being sautéed. I was truly hoping this to be one of the more memorable culinary moments of my life, however it went south as soon as we took our first bite. Having tried the garlic shrimp from one of the fellow competitors down the road we expected the same level of freshness and execution at Giovanni's. Overall this is not a finished product that starts with the freshest ingredients. Also, it is not a dish that is very complicated to produce and therefore should not cut corners. As someone in the culinary field all I can say is thumbs down to the owner. You can and should do better. To charge customers that much and cut corners... it's a matter of time before it all catches up with you.

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank Paul O
We are sorry to hear you didn't enjoy the experience at the location... Coming from a culinary background, I would love to get some feedback.. What do you think we could do better in the future to improve the customer experience? Look forward to hearing back from you..

info@giovannisshrimptruck.com
“Best food on the North Shore!!”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Omg I LOVE geovannis shrimps trucks so yum ... Some of the other shrimp trucks give u fruit with ya plate geos doesn't but it's definitely the most tastiest... They are all good tho. I love the garlic butter plate and add hot sauce! Ducks nuts so good! Ha and I ran into Chris Brown aka Bondi Vet!! Can't escape the awesome Australians they are everywhere ;)

• Visited April 2014
gioshrimp, Guest Relations Manager at Giovanni's Shrimp Truck, responded to this review, 17 August 2014
Thank you for the great review and for being loyal to us while on the north shore... We are happy you enjoy the food and the experience at the shrimp truck and hope to see you again in the future...