“Good but expensive”

Price range: US$1 - US$20
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed 30 July 2014

The burger was good, especially with the perfectly ripe half of avocado on top. They charge for every additional topping, so it can add up fast. We were there for a late-ish dinner on a Monday, so no long lines.

There are newer reviews for Kua Aina Sandwich

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Having grown up on the North Shore, I've gone to Kua Aina when they were down the street in an old hole in the wall. Always enjoyed their burgers. I try to steer clear of the now touristy area of Haleiwa since it can be a pain to get through on Kam Hwy. Anyways, me and a friend shared a lunch here a week ago and enjoyed it. We got a bacon-avocado burger with large fries. A cup of water is free. It was around noon on a Saturday, so pretty busy. Got a table outside right away and the food came out in about 10 minutes. I gotta say, bacon & avocado really make for a tasty burger! The fries are skinny, not the jumbo fatties that some places serve. I love thin fries because they tend to be crunchier and I love crunch! We paid around $13.

Lots of tourist (great for our economy!) from Japan, mainland and elsewhere. It's weird that Japan and London have a Kua Aina…I wonder how THEY pronounce it? He, he!

Reviewed 19 July 2014

I really like this place! There are lots of different style burgers. I had the ahi tuna burger. It was cooked more than I would have liked so that's why I'm docking off a star. The fries are delicious. Other people in our group had salad and the greens looked nice and fresh. No complaints there. There is ample seating and some outdoor seating as well.

Only complaint is it gets expensive. It's one of those places you eat at once (enjoyed it) but don't really wanna come back because of how much you paid.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Don't worry about missing this place...while the service was good and the seating was nice outside, the food wasn't even as good as In-and-Out

Reviewed 19 June 2014

My husband grew up in town and had memories of this place being stellar. We mentioned to our kayak guide that we were headed there and he said we should go to Seven Brothers or Ted's. We should have listened.
We waited 50 minutes from standing in line to getting our burgers. They do charge for "all of the extras" as mentioned in previous reviews. Two burgers, a large fry to split and 2 soft drinks was around $30. Burgers were pre made patties that were undercooked and tasteless. Very disappointed...
If traveling with kids, be warned that there is not a restroom on site and you will need to cross the street to find one.

1  Thank Karen W