“Relaxing View”
other travellers have booked this property
Beach directly in front of cottage 4-plex cottage view from the beach
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Beach in front of cottage looking north
Beach directly in front of cottage
4-plex cottage view from the beach
Living room view toward the beach
Living room view from the patio
Bedroom view toward the living room
Bedroom
Fully equipted kitchen with gas stove, refrigerator, microwave
Bathroom consists of 2 rooms: sink and separate room with WC and tub/shower combinaton.
Cottage lanai (patio)
Looking out to the ocean from the cottage patio
Looking across the lawn to the south from the cottage
Beach path in front of cottage
Children swimming in the water in front of the cottage
Looking south from the beach in front of the cottage
Main high-rise building in the condo complex
Warm crystal clear waters--ideal for swimming
Looking north on beach in front of cottage
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

tchrjam
Whittier, California
“Relaxing View”
Reviewed 6 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017

Beautiful view. Loved the location and falling asleep with sound of the waves. Snorkeling was great!

21 Jun 2017
Mahalo for your review and comments about snorkeling. Many guests don't know about the great snorkeling at this location because it isn't advertised or mentioned in tour books, but that's a good thing because it keeps the crowds away and enhances the experience for our guests. Hope to have you back in the future!
jayneburb...
San Jose, California
“Restful”
Reviewed 30 May 2017 for a stay in May 2017

Quite, Peaceful a rest greatly needed. Cottage had all we needed. Tv was a mystery as we couldn't get cable to come on , But ended renting movies, which I prefer anyway. Parking was very, very tight especially with a full size pick up. The smell of "sewer" was the worse thing. We loved the beach, laying in the sun and respect of others with no loud parties taking place. We live on Big Island and would go again, but maybe at the other end.

13 Jun 2017
Aloha,
Thank you for your review. I was glad to hear that you had a "quiet, peaceful, rest and.... you loved the beach, lying in the sun, etc...." I love those qualities too and they're the reasons why I bought my beachfront cottage many years ago. Sorry to hear that you had problems with the TV. (I agree it can be confusing to use the remote control for me sometimes too.) With regard to a sewer smell, I was surprised to read about this because I've owned my cottage for about 30 years, have never experienced a sewer smell from my cottage, and other guests have never mentioned a sewer smell either. Could it be that the smell you mentioned was coming from somewhere else? With regard to parking: I agree parking would be tight for a full-size pick-up truck, but if I know beforehand the type of vehicle guests will be driving, I can make alternative arrangements for a parking stall that will accommodate guests' special needs. Since you live on the Big Island and mentioned that you would stay again, I hope you will, and try one of my other beachfront cottages next time. (I have another cottage at the far north end of the property that you may like, since the parking stall is larger and only 5 feet from the cottage lanai.) Thanks so much for your booking and your positive comments about this location and the general feeling of peace and quiet you experienced at this lovey beachfront location.
stephanie...
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Beautiful beachfront location”
Reviewed 14 September 2016 for a stay in September 2016

We enjoyed our annual staycation. Karons unit was unavailable so she was gracious to find us another cottage to rent for the labor day weekend. Hurricane lester was coming toward us but there is a huge reef protecting the beach we had two days of overcast sky and rough water but we enjoyed the swimming pool then the winds and sea calmed and the stars came out. We love fishing and one day were very lucky (hana'paa- got a fish)
Recommend this location, its beautiful

15 Sep 2016
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. Although you were not able to stay in the ground-floor cottage you originally wanted, and we had bad weather for part of your stay, I wias glad to hear that you found lots to do and enjoy at this incredible location. Hope to have you back again in the future.
speedrace...
Los Angeles, California
“wonderful place”
Reviewed 19 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016

Just recently got back. The place has everything you need, including beach chairs and snorkeling gears. Doesn't have air-conditioning but if you don't get too hot easily the ceiling fans will be comfortable enough. we cooked, so having the kitchen was nice. I also hired though Karon a cleaner to come middle of the week to clean and change sheets and that worked out perfect.

perfect location , away from the busy city. and close to all the great places, like the Polynesian cultural center was only 10 min away. highly recommend seeing the night show, but the whole day event was too tiring , so pick the events for half a day otherwise you may waste your money.

Thanks Karon and have co workers going there soon so look out for my friends staying there.

best, Peter

Travelling group: Extended Family
20 Aug 2016
Thanks for reviewing the cottage, and for recommending me to your friends and co-workers. I hope you will come back again too. I agree with you about the Polynesian Cultural Center-- it is worthwhile visit but very tiring if you do the full day excursion and the dinner luau. Summers are hotter months, but luckily, the cottage is right on a lovely beach and the ocean water is warm and inviting too.
kpj757
Tampere, Finland
“Children loved”
Reviewed 3 November 2015 for a stay in October 2015

Indeed the property is bit outdated but still bearable. Value for money was OK and easy access to a nice beach makes the place well worth a stay.

I got the impression that the owners do not actually read all the messages sent through the Tripadvisor system but use some kind of automated responses at specific states. This made me feel the system is insecure.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Beach
Liked least: Outdated amenities
Travelling group: Young Children
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Suzanne P
“Nice”
Reviewed 18 May 2015 for a stay in April 2015
person found this review helpful

We were notified 4 days before our arrival that 2 burners were out on the stove and may not be fixed if parts needed to be ordered. Ok, but the hot water faucet in the bathroom did not work and was so loose, I thought it would fall apart in my hand. Left message with owner, but she never bothered to address it. We got in evening time. No light on so we could see the security box code to get in. A little frustrating. As a plus, I must say the mattress was pretty good.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: It was pretty quiet.
Liked least: The mattress.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 65+
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
19 May 2015
Thank you for your comments. Glad to hear that you found the bed very comfortable. Our vacation rentals are very popular, because they are priced well and in great beachfront locations, but sometimes we need to repair or replace items and this isn't always easy to do before the next guest arrives. Due to our remote location (Hawaii is most remote location in the world) it's hard to get replacement parts and repairs done quickly, unfortunately. Since your stay, we have replaced the stove top burner and bathroom faucet. We hope you enjoyed your stay with us and will keep us in mind in the future. (We have other vacation rentals in Waikiki and on the north shore too.) Mahalo for your booking.
CJ95838
Sacramento, California
“Swim with sea turtles, lounge on the Lanai, what else could you ask for, except...”
Reviewed 4 October 2014 for a stay in September 2014
person found this review helpful

If you are traveling with elderly relatives or are sensitive to high humidity, the first part of my review is for you:

When I booked the property air conditioning (a/c) was listed under amenities. I see it is no longer listed. Hmmm. Since I traveled to Oahu with two relatives in their mid 80s, a/c was important. I first spoke to Kathleen, the booking assistant, who was very understanding about the lack of a/c, but told me I would have to speak to the owner, Karon. Karon said she was unable to provide a portable a/c unit due to restrictions in the complex. She offered to reimburse me if I bought two fans. I bought two fans, let her know, but am sill waiting for my PayPal account to be reimbursed. I must say, my elderly relatives were much more comfortable with the 2 additional fans..

The unit is accessible for the elderly through the sliding glass door on the lanai, not through the back door (there is a step down and cracked pavement). The parking area was directly outside the unit. That was a big plus.

Bathroom: The outer area of the bathroom with the sink had good storage, a small mirrored closet, and good counter space. The inner section of bathroom had a tub/shower that was difficult for one elderly relative to access. as a parenthetical aside, the bathroom has no window or exhaust fan, only an opening in the ceiling covered with screen. It got quite warm while showering and smelly after the toilet was used for a bowel movement.

Sleeping arrangements: While the bed in the bedroom was good for one relative, the futon was too low to the floor when opened into a bed for my other relative to get up from. We jury-rigged a way for her to sleep by not unfolding that side of the futon and building up an place for her feel with pillows in the unit.

Kitchen: Fine for elderly relatives to use and access. Not much counter space, but plenty of storage, a large refer/freezer, gas stove/oven, small microwave, and a plethora of other small appliances (e.g., rice cooker, toaster, coffee maker). Lots of plates, cups, flatware, pots, pans...

Overall, we all very much enjoyed this unit and the location just south of Hau'ula. It was very peaceful, deserted, and beautiful. The lanai for this unit is an amazing space with plenty of places to sit or recline as well as two tables. Most of our time was spent out on the lanai and not inside. The interior of the unit was cute, but could use a bit of updating. Since we weren't looking for anything fancy all was good! There is good internet access.

While the unit is very close to the beach and water, the beach just outside this unit is very steep. That made it almost impossible to my elderly relatives to get down to the water. The water was beautiful, warm, and had enough coral to make snorkeling fantastic! I saw and photographed many kinds of fishes including the Hawaiian State Fish! I spotted two moray eels, but the highlight of my snorkeling adventures was swimming with two huge sea turtles about 30-40 feet offshore from the unit!

There is a very well maintained, 6 foot deep swimming pool in front of the highrise that we enjoyed several times to cool off. There are stairs and a railing allowing easy access by my elderly relatives.

If I do return to Oahu (and more specifically Hau'ula) I would stay here here again. It is a great value for the price and who knows - maybe next time there will be a/c :)

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The lanai
Liked least: This property was advertised as having air conditioning. It did not.
Travelling group: Other
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing