“PEACE, QUIET, AWAY FROM THE CROWDS....& ON THE WATER”
Review of Gigi's Paradise

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hauula
Gigi's Paradise
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hauula
Waikiki
“PEACE, QUIET, AWAY FROM THE CROWDS....& ON THE WATER”
Reviewed 25 September 2011

If you are looking for a vacation experience AWAY from the crowds, then this is the place! I stayed at this complex in one of the condos and although it was nicely appointed, modern and had a great view, there is undeniable traffic noise from the bedrooms. I moved into one of Gigi's cottages and I never wanted to leave! The cottages are closer to the ocean and the only noise you hear is the ocean lulling you to sleep. I live in Waikiki year round, so having a place like this to get away to is priceless. The cottages are funky, quaint and charming, each one furnished in a kind of a cottage shabby sheik. Don't expect anything fancy, or you will be disappointed, but the location of the cottages will have you as close to the ocean as you could possibly be. They have everything you need, dishes, basic food items (generously left behind from previous visitors), beach towels, change of linens, snorkels, beach chairs, etc. and are all very clean. But what they mostly have is AMAZING VIEWS, BEACH FRONT LOCATION and QUIET! The beaches are great for swimming and protected by a large reef. Great snorkeling and beach combing. Never more than a few other people on the beach at the same time. There is a small convenience store almost across the street with necessities, and plate lunches, plus a Subway Sandwich shop. A few miles down the road is a local grocery store and a bit past that is a larger strip mall with a nice grocery store, shops and restaurants. Also close by is the Polynesian Cultural Center. Plenty of great beaches along the way for swimming, fishing and exploring. Don't come here if you want to eat out every meal, hit the bars and night life scene. DO come here if you want to taste the beauty and the land that is Hawaii. The prices, for Hawaii and for the incredible beachfront location, can't be matched anywhere on the island. I'm definitely going back!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Dankyboy

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Irvine, California
Reviewed 25 April 2011

We just stayed at Gigi's Paradise for 6 days and its our first trip to Hawaii. We are 21 people in our group 3 families stayed at the cottage and 1 family stayed in the condo . Our party is consist of 8 couple and kids age ranging to 2 years old up o 24 years old and everyone loved this place and would not want to go back to California . This place is so relaxing like having your private beach and its so peaceful eventhou its near the hi-way you can't even hear the cars . People are so friendly ...... We would love to go back to Gigi's Paradise , its really a paradise .... Thank you so much Gigi for making my cousin 25th wedding anniversary a memorable one and for the rest of us we will treasure every memories made at Gigi's Paradise.... Mahalo Gigi ....

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
WA
Reviewed 20 April 2011

We are frequent HI travelers but have never traveled on Oahu much. We rented a car this time and headed to the windward side having found this place on Trip Advisor. Once there I realized why I had a hard time finding a variety of options as there aren't many places to stay.

This condo was pretty much as advertised except it wasn't quiet in the least. It is right on the beach but it is also right on the highway - with LOTS of highway noise. We were pleased to see that we could sleep on the pull out couch - we still have the bruises on our bodies from the pull out couch bed as it was very bumpy. Even still it was so noisy that we didn't get any relaxation to speak of.
The unit is well furnished but in an odd sort of way. The signs saying not to use anything without planning to replace it had us rationing everything - including the toilet paper!
We also learned that as people who like to be active and do things - there isn't much to do after a few days on the windward / north shore of Oahu. We put a lot of miles on the car!
We returned on our last night ready to move back over to the Kahala for a last few days on Oahu to find a note on the door saying we should have moved out already (one day earlier). To be fair - we changed our dates a bit - but sent a final confirming email to make sure we had the dates right. Turns out we still had a disconnect and the note kind of put an explanation point on an unrelaxing stay.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank baileyno6
Texarkana, Texas
Reviewed 25 March 2011

My husband and I really enjoyed staying at Gigi's Paradise. We stayed in the Pukana La Paradise, which is in a cottage fourplex, upstairs. It was very peaceful and relaxing, the view from our room was amazing. I loved waking up and the first thing I saw when I opened my eyes was the ocean. I easily drifted off to sleep every night to the sound of the wind and waves. The room was fully furnished, even down to plates, utensils, blender, cookware, and beach activity items such as boogie boards, snorkling gear, and beach mats. There is no air conditioning, but it is not needed; just open the windows and a nice cool breeze cools the room in a matter of minutes. Previous guests also left behind items such as shampoo, conditioner, shaving cream, and spices to cook with. We loved the fact that this place was way up along the Windward side of the island, away from the hustle and bustle of Waikiki and Honolulu. We were able to really experience Hawaii and relax. The locals in the area were some of the nicest people I have ever met. Kamehameha Hwy is a beautiful drive along the coast. And if staying here, you absolutely HAVE to try Mike's Hawaiian Huli Huli chicken truck...its two yellow food trucks on the side of the road past a gas station on the right. It was my favorite place to eat! The Huli Huli chicken, kaulua pork, and Hawaiian steak were delicious! My brother and sister-n-law stayed in a very nice condo on the 6th floor...their view was amazing. My mom and dad stayed in a downstairs cottage fourplex a little ways down the beach from us. Out of all the rooms, I think ours was the best. There is nothing fancy about it, but it has a real beachy, laid-back feeling that made us instantly feel at home. My favorite part was the lanai...its not completely open, which protects you from the sometimes strong winds, but it is open enough that you feel like you are on an open lanai. The only negative thing I have to say about this room was that there is a sliding door that separates this room from the one next to it and the wall is pretty thin; our last two nights there, the newest neighbors had a baby that would wake up crying at about 5:30 in the morning...and would wake us up. Other than that...I absolutely loved it there. We will definitely be back.

Also...if you rent a car, which most people do, remember to put your parking permit hanging from your rearview mirror every time you park in your assigned space! If you don't, you will get a warning...then a ticket!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank InLovewHawaii
South Florida, Florida
Reviewed 14 November 2010

Enjoyed my stay here at the Leilani Paradise Unit. Nicely and comfortably furnished 1 bedroom condo with ocean view lanai that I spent a lot of time on (although a chaise lounge would've been great.) Very well kept and clean overall, hardly any bugs at all which is amazing for the country, although vent above toilet needs cleaning. Nice property with pool and picnic tables on the grass/in the yard between the condo and beach. Two elevators were usually readily available. Gigi was easy to work with.

Bed was very comfy, but the bedroom is streetside and to get any airflow from the tradewinds (no AC) to stay at a reasonable temperature, you have to put up with a lot of noise. This property sits right off the one lane highway that goes around the island that is traveled 24/7 by all kinds of noisy vehicles. (and the elevator bell, the rooster,etc.) I was hoping to sleep by the ocean sounds (which in the living room, that is what you hear.) As light a sleeper as I am, I amazingly slept pretty well. I didn't want to try and move furniture around to sleep on the sofabed or rollaway which were options to sleep on "by the ocean."

Has everything it says it does, but do plan to bring your own supplies. First house or condo rental ever I've been to not provide laundry soap, but she tells you that up front in the paperwork; same with TP, but there were a lot of available items like dishwasher soap, paper towels etc. Shop at the Safeway in Kaneohe on the way up, or there are some scattered supermarkets further up the north shore from the condo. The one closest (north 10 minutes? Hauula I think) is on the smaller side.

Sandy swimmable beach in front (took me a couple days to get used to it but ended up liking it.) Not crowded (except for Vet's Day when an Asian male sports team showed up and loudly and obnoxiously took over the beach for about 45 min.) This is more isolated and a place to relax than to be busy like in Waikiki; more country local living, which is what I was after.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled solo
kalamazoo, michigan
Reviewed 4 October 2010

e stayed at Gigi’s for the second time and thoroughly enjoyed it once again. We stayed in A-4 and the kitchen, bedroom, and sun room was roomy, yet cozy. The sunroom is stunning as it overlooks a picturesque beach and is perfectly situated so that the trade winds provide a refreshing balmy breeze. The sun and the sound of the waves make it an ideal place to relax and read a book.

We stayed two nights in Honolulu, and were struck by the contrast. In Honolulu we heard the noise from passing cars. At Gigi’s we occasionally heard the cars from the two lane highway, but most often only heard the sound of the nearby surf. It is amazing to fall asleep, and to wake up, to the sound of waves. We enjoyed beautiful sunrises, and also an incredible moonrise, with the full moon glowing over the Pacific Ocean. It was a sight and a memory we will never forget. It is a quiet place of retreat and rest. It is not actually in a town, so you do not have noise from nearby neighbors. (We recommend renting a smaller vehicle, as the roads and parking spaces are fairly narrow.)

The kitchen is amply supplied with pots and pans, providing all you need to cook your own meals. Previous guests left a number of condiments and assorted canned goods and other non-perishables. It was easy to cook our own meals and saved us a tremendous amount of money.

The beach is buffered by a long coral reef, which creates a calm area to swim and snorkel. The snorkeling is not fantastic, but is sufficient if you seek out the coral and rocks where the fish gather. We saw approximately 50 different varieties of fish. Be careful of the current as it runs from south to north. Your best bet is to enter the ocean towards the south and let the current take you north.

If you want to experience the natural beauty and quiet grace of Hawaii, we highly recommend Gigi’s. We cherish the thought of returning!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Richland, Washington
Reviewed 5 August 2010

This was our first trip to Hawaii and found Gigi's through the internet. This place was perfect! We stayed in one on the cottages (they are really a four-plex) and the beach was our frontyard. There is so much to do on this side of the island yet there isn't the crowds like in Waikiki. We loved waking up to a sunrise, throwing on our suits and heading out for a morning snorkel. Then we would go explore the island, come back for dinner and an evening swim. Must see: Kualoa Ranch, Polynesian Culteral Center, Dole Plantation, Waimea Falls, North Shore, all of these are a short drive. This is a small, quiet island town and everyone is so nice! The unit included so many things people often forget (Q-tips, shave cream, sunblock, etc). There's a bbq area right by the beach. There is snorkel gear, chairs and thick towels for the beach. Loved the FREE washer/dryer too! Gigi was very nice and professional. We are going back in May and will definetly stay here again.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank Gagldari
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hauula
Courtyard by Marriott Oahu North Shore
Turtle Bay Resort
#1 of 1 in Kahuku
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,737 reviews
Paradise Bay Resort Hawaii

Been to Gigi's Paradise? Share your experiences!