Turtle Bay Resort
Courtyard by Marriott Oahu North Shore(Laie)(Great Value!)
US$321
  • Pool
Paradise Bay Resort Hawaii(Kaneohe)(Great Value!)
US$218
Official Website
US$765
US$678
  • Pool
Marriott Ko Olina Beach Club(Kapolei)(Great Value!)
US$470
4,641 results
All reviewsnorth shorethe cottagessurfer barbeach cottagesegway tourforgetting sarah marshallpool barsurf schoolted's bakerythe main hotelhelicopter ridekula grillesurfing lessonsour honeymoonsunset beachshort drivepaddle boarding
Reviewed 22 June 2014

My husband and I stayed at the resort for 5 nights. I was excited to stay at this resort. I was looking for laid back and restful sunning.

There are no signs saying the resort is up ahead. We almost missed the entrance. Check in was easy enough and were told where to park. We booked the beach cottage and the parking lot is not convenient to our building. We had to move our own luggage to the room and our building was at the top of an incline. I wasn’t happy that I’m paying all this money and have to transport my own luggage. The room was very big. It included a desk and chair, a sink with coffee maker (no tea) and a small fridge. Most days we received bottled water. The bathroom was huge. The toilet was in it’s own room with a door. The glass enclosed shower was separate from the soaking tub. The blackout curtains were a plus.

We met our beach concierge Dennis. He was helpful and knowledgeable. To move around the grounds all we had to do was call him and a golf cart would arrive and take us wherever we wanted to go.

The views of the ocean are obstructed by the trees, but it was still a nice view. You cannot enter the water from these building. The ocean floor is covered by rock and slime.

We had breakfast twice and one dinner at the Kula Grill. The buffet breakfast is $25 pp and ends immediately at 11:00 am. Both breakfast and dinner was good. The wait staff was kind and considerate. We had lunch at the Hang 10 and my fish sandwich was good.

It’s about a 20 min drive into Haleiwa.

The beach and ocean is open to the public, so on the weekends it’s crazy full. We found the best time to hit the beach is around 1:30 - 2:00 pm. Most people were gone and we could find a palapa.

Overall I felt this resort was just ok. There is a $32 resort fee.

Room Tip: The resort stops serrving breakfast at 11:00 am.
1  Thank Dawn T
TurtleBayResort808, Manager at Turtle Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Aloha, Mahalo for staying with us at Turtle Bay and sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. We apologize that your stay at Turtle Bay was “just ok.” We have 5 miles of coastline to explore, including secret beaches and more. We invite you to fully enjoy our resort and all we offer including horseback riding, surfing, Segway tours, helicopter tours and more. We hope to wow you on your next stay and live up to your expectations. Mahalo.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

We chose Turtle Bay for a one night getaway over Father's Day. First the pros: Property is beautiful and spacious. The hotel has an intimate access to the beach. The beach has many chairs for lounging and the waters are good for snorkling. The bed was comfortable and the ocean views were lovely. The cons: Mostly in the areas of service. Please note, we are not a picky couple. Checking in was difficult as there were long lines for the holiday weekend. The front desk staff were less than enthusiastic about answering questions regarding parking, activities, access to the beach (large and somewhat confusing layout of the resort). We asked for an extra blanket and received something that looked like a mattress pad. Called the front desk three separate times during our stay and no one picked up the phone. My husband and I had to go to the front desk to ask questions and get help. We would say that this resort is overpriced for the standard room that you receive. There is an additional $33.00 resort fee tagged onto your already pricey single night rate. You will walk quite a distance from the parking lot if you choose to self-park and not valet.

2  Thank Xaris4u

Aloha, Thank you for staying with us at Turtle Bay. We apologize for not living up to your expectations. We will look into ways we can improve service at the front desk during high volume check-in times. We also encourage our guests to contact the concierge with any questions about the resort activities and surrounding areas. We hope to have the honor of a return visit so we can show the true spirit of Turtle Bay. Mahalo.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

I recently stayed at Turtle Bay with my husband and two children-ages 22 & 20. We had stayed three nights in Honolulu and moved to the North Shore for a different experience. I am so glad we did! We rented a cottage and it was amazing! Right out of our own patio was the Pacific Ocean! Every afternoon we enjoyed the sun setting and the waves coming ashore! Jamie, the concierge, had been VERY helpful prior to our arrival setting up transportation, dinner reservations, etc. Once we got into the room, we were met by our "Cottage Concierge" with glasses of fresh guava juice! The grounds are beautifully landscaped and expansive! We had multiple opportunities to be on the beach with no one anywhere around us! My daughter and I scheduled spa treatments and loved the tranquil feeling and the technicians were wonderful!! The resort is centrally located to many attractions on the North Shore also, and with an Enterprise located in the hotel, it's very easy to get into a rental. The environment on the North shore is totally different than the south, it is well worth the time to at least drive up or change hotels like we did. I will recommend this resort to anyone that I know traveling to Oahu!

Room Tip: We used a hospitality room while waiting to check out in one of the main buildings (room 200 or so) The view was blocked partially by the lower floors' roof. Be sure to ask about the view before booking. I would also consider the cottages because they are quieter and beautiful!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Susan M

Aloha, Thank you so much for the wonderful review of Turtle Bay on Trip Advisor. We’re glad you are as happy as we are that you chose to spend your Hawaii vacation with us on the Fabled North Shore. It’s nice to know our concierge Jamie provided exceptional service. We will be sure to pass on your kind review to her and commend her for her aloha. Mahalo for recommending Turtle Bay to others. We would love to see you again someday on the Fabled North Shore! Mahalo!

Reviewed 20 June 2014

This hotel was superb. We stayed in a room which had two queen beds. The beds were extremely comfortable, and the view was amazing. The pools were well used by my family. My daughter loved the slide! Staff were warm, welcoming and efficient. With our rental car we were able to visit the Dole Plantation, the Polynesian Cultural Centre, the North Shore Marketplace and several other attractions.We enjoyed the Wednesday night hula show very much.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Jennifer01

Aloha, Thank you for sharing your excitement about Turtle Bay with us on Trip Advisor. Nothing beats exploring the North Shore and enjoying all of the fun landmarks like the Polynesian Cultural Center and the World’s largest maze at Dole Plantation! We can’t wait to serve you again and hope you get your wish to come back to Turtle Bay soon! Mahalo!

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Just returned from a fantastic 5 night stay at the Turtle Bay Resort. If I could give a 4.5 rating I would. I was a little nervous after reading reviews about how boring staying at Turtle Bay can get, I was nervous for no reason. We were in an Epic Ocean View room and it truly had a breathtaking view. From our room we were able to see the sun rise in the mornings over the ocean (from the pool area, and other side of the resort we were able to watch the sunsets). The room itself was nice, very comfortable and newly renovated. My only dislike was the shower only had half a glass panel so there was no door on it to slide shut, not really a big deal. Housekeeping was excellent and very quick if you needed anything. In fact the whole staff was wonderful. The closest beach to the hotel is nice, with beginner snorkeling, you are a 10 minute drive to some of the most beautiful beaches in the world. TB can be a bit quieter at night but that appealed to us and was no problem. the Surf Bar had nightly entertainment and was very fun. The pool had live entertainment several evenings, as did the lobby area, all were fantastic. The restaurants are a little pricey and not spectacular, but Haleiwa is a short drive (and Ted's is really close). I was charged the full amount 2 weeks out from our trip (newer policy) and I do find that policy insane but I am so glad I did not let that change my mind about staying at TB. Overall we loved Turtle Bay and will be going back

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Aloha, Mahalo for staying at Turtle Bay and sharing your experience with us on Trip Advisor. There’s something magical about watching the sunrise over the ocean and we’re so pleased to see our guests enjoying the wondrous view during their stay. It sounds like Turtle Bay was the perfect fit for you. We would be honored to serve you again someday and hope to see you soon!