4,918 results
All reviewsnorth shorethe cottagessurfer barbeach cottagesegway tourforgetting sarah marshallpool barsurf schoolthe main hotelhelicopter ridekula grillesurfing lessonsour honeymoonsunset beachshort drivepaddle boardingthe polynesian cultural center
Reviewed 13 December 2017

We stayed in the Ocean Villas and the Resort provided great service. Rose, the Housekeeping Manager for the Villas and her team did a wonderful job of meeting all of our needs. We had made specific requests to customize the bedding for our comfort and Rose did a rock star job! I also had a fabulous massage at the Resort Spa with Tarra. I recommend getting the massage in one of the outside rooms where you can hear the ocean and i recommend coming early and enjoying a glass of champagne in the lounge area which fronts the ocean. It was very peaceful.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 December 2017 via mobile

I’ll start with the few positives to this place.
- Beautiful scenery.
- The housekeeping staff are super friendly!
- Close to the awesome little town Haleiwa!

That’s about it.

I wish we had just driven up for lunch or something instead of spending our whole honeymoon there. This resort might be for some people but it wasn’t for us and here is why...

My husband and I appreciate good service. Looking at photos of this hotel, and paying the prices that they charge for everything we expected a LOT more! And as a honeymooning couple a bit of a warmer welcome from the front desk, and something in the room to make the trip memorable would be a nice thought. I always assumed that was pretty standard amongst places but I guess not. Oh wait... they did give us a little slip of paper for two glasses of there sparkling wine when you go to there restaurant. Don’t bother drinking it trust me. Even for free it’s not worth it.

We stayed at the end of November/ beginning of December and the weather was not great. So that wasn’t the resorts fault obviously. BUT We would have liked to have gone swimming even with the windy weather but apparently the resort doesn’t believe in heating the pool as it felt like an ice bath. We had some good laughs with other guests about that one. When do you ever see a pool that size at a resort in Hawaii with not a single soul in it. And the 2 tiny hot tubs were more often then not full but we managed to squeeze in a couple nights and that was nice I suppose.

Food is ridiculously over priced.
Few words of advice... skip the buffet breakfast. Total waste of time for the price.
We drove to Haleiwa pretty much every night for dinner. Some really great spots there and prices can be really good! And stop at teds bakery on the way back for dessert AMAZING cakes/pies!!!!!

Parking is ridiculous. Nothing worse after a long day out circling the parking lot trying to find a spot followed by the long walk in to the resort. Valet is an option at another $20 a day on top of the ridiculous $40 a day resort fee.

My tips for future resort guest.
- Bring a bath robe there isn’t one in the room
- be prepared to call downstairs for a hairdryer. It’s not provided in the room.
- bring a sleeping mask so the sun doesn’t wake you through the non black out widow covers.
- pool closes at 10 but towel hut closes at 8. No sign telling you that you can get them at the front desk after 8.
- if you are looking for a snack or drink go to the little store by the pool. So much cheaper then the cafe. A Perrier was $4 at the cafe vs $2 at the shop as an example.
- and bring things to do. Not much going on at night or during the day unless you wanna shell out some serious money.
- HONEYMOONERS I warn you there was nothing romantic about this place.
- don’t be surprised when you see weird rust like coloured mold around your bedside lamps because I have warned you now.

Best decision we made was ditching the last couple nights even though we had paid already and going to a different hotel to try and salvage our trip.

Sorry turtle bay. I expected a lot more.
Can’t wait to see what generic little response I get from you after this but I really was unhappy with my stay.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Kel-kylS
DannaHolck, General Manager at Turtle Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2017

Aloha and thank you for providing such valuable feedback and for recognizing the warmness of our staff, many of whom have been with us for decades. We believe in treating our guests as family and sharing the kindness of aloha.

The best part of Oahu’s winter are the huge waves it brings to the North Shore. Fortunately, your visit overlapped with the Triple Crown of Surfing and I hope you were able to see some of the world’s best surfers compete during this premier surfing event! Beyond surfing, the North Shore offers a wealth of water and land experiences that run rain or shine including ziplining, kayaking, fishing, dolphin excursions, diving and more. There are also Hawaiian heritage sites, cultural attractions, local boutiques and amazing mom-and-pop restaurants and food trucks. As the only destination resort on the North Shore, Turtle Bay Resort offers its own 15 miles of its own oceanfront and mountain hiking and biking trails, on-site helipad offering helicopter tours around the island, horseback rides from its Stables, 36 holes of championship golf and on-site surf school instruction.

I am sorry that your dining experience fell short. With seven restaurants and two take-away options, Turtle Bay Resort offers a wide-range of dining experiences for every price point. Several of our restaurants feature recently revamped menus to showcase fresh island flavors with ingredients sourced from local farmers. We are also proud to showcase the only full craft cocktail menu on the North Shore.

I understand your frustration about parking. As a beachside resort, we adhere to state laws requiring beach access and parking. Our unique location and popular beach are a draw to locals and visitors. Fortunately, due to the size of our resort, we can accommodate everyone although the walk to the hotel may be a few more minutes some days.

Turtle Bay Resort offers a one-of-a-kind, front-row seat to the power, beauty and laid-back charm of the North Shore. We hope you will give us another opportunity to welcome you as our guest.

With warmest aloha,
Danna Holck, vice president & general manager

Reviewed 11 December 2017 via mobile

Couldn’t have had a better time for our honeymoon! We stayed 3 nights/4 days and that was all that was needed. All the staff were so friendly, the restaurants and bars were great, the pool was spectacular and the beaches are right on your doorstep.
Bit on the expensive side, but having a monopoly on north shore resort scene, it can be - But worth every cent

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 December 2017 via mobile

We were so happy with turtle bay! The staff is hands down the best! From our experience booking with Stephanie who was so kind to the ocean staff Brenda, Rachel, and Eli! So great!!! Thanks turtle bay!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 December 2017

I have been visiting Turtle Bay resort for years and finally moved to the North Shore a few months ago. I have been getting massages at Turtle Bay for years and the last few years have requested DAMIEN only. I will arrange my massage time to make sure Damien is working and has an appointment time available. HE IS THE BEST!!!! The best deep tissue massage ever and I have had lots of massages at different places. He has strong hands and knows exactly where the tight spots are on my neck and shoulders!!! I leave there every time feeling 100% better. Turtle Bay is a great property and a massage in The Nalu spa with Damien makes it Perfect!!!! Mahalo!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo