“O U T S T A N D I N G...”

Tokoname Restaurant
Ranked #93 of 150 Restaurants in Kailua
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We have eaten here several time, and love it! The food is "always" fresh and prepared nicely, and the taste is delicious. The wait staff is very friendly and pay just enough attention to your needs without over doing it. We drive across the island just to go here, that's how much we like it, and I'm sure you will to!

Reviewed 30 July 2013

This is a small quaint restaurant that we tried through Groupon. We enjoyed the food at Tokoname, I think the unagi was our favorite. I dont know if we'd be back. The food is pretty expensive with very small portions and although it was good there wasnt anything I found exceptional. But, maybe we need to try some different things next time.

Reviewed 16 July 2013

Just returned from a week long trip to Kailua. Had a gorgeous home on the beach so we ended up BBQ'ing a lot and eating in. We did a grown-ups night out and after careful consideration, decided upon Tokoname. Needless to say, we were not disappointed. The begin with, Jasmine, our waitress, was fantastic! She was friendly, personable and attentive. We started with the AhiTataki and Ahi Poke. Both were DELICIOUS! Also got a California roll which was above average. Others had the combo dinner which included soup and salad.. both were good. For a main, a few of us had the Miso Butterfish which is unbelievable.. so good. Salmon was excellent as well. The tempura was outstanding.. so lightly battered. The only item I was not impressed with was the baked oysters with crab.. very, very chewy and no real taste. For dessert, we got one green tea fried ice cream and it was GREAT! Ambiance is very, very casual which is perfect for Kailua. You could certainly bring children. It is a small restaurant so I recommend making a reservation. Would definitely return!

Reviewed 19 May 2013

We're so glad our friend suggested making a reservation, otherwise we wouldn't have gotten in. The place is small, but not uncomfortably crowded. Service was great and the food excellent. We felt, for being in Hawaii, the prices and portions were good. We will definitely be back!

1  Thank Marci R
Reviewed 24 April 2013 via mobile

My husband and I eat here every time we get a sushi craving. We have yet to be disappointed. We love it!