“For Ono-licious Poke, Search No Further”
Review of The Hibachi

The Hibachi
Ranked #17 of 143 Restaurants in Kailua
Cuisines: Seafood, Hawaiian, Asian
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Serves Alcohol, Takeout
Description: thehibachihawaii.com/
Telluride, CO
“For Ono-licious Poke, Search No Further”
Reviewed 12 April 2013

Our group has been coming to Kailua for the last two years and this place is always a stop on our list of places to hit for pupus. The staff is very friendly and the selection of poke and other items in the deli case is outstanding. Whether its garlic and ginger, habenero and tobiko, or shrimp poke, you won't be disappointed. Its quality eats at a fair price ($14.95 a lb.) and it's delicious. Try the stuffed portobello mushrooms with crab and cheese. Yum!

• Visited April 2013

Seattle, WA
“After-Beach Nosh”
Reviewed 2 March 2013

On our way from the beach to the house, we stopped at Hibachi. Thank goodness there was a line because it is so hard to choose from the array of goodies surrounding you. We got two kind poke - wasabi and plain ahi / shoyu - garlic hummus, smoked ahi & artichoke dip, bag of taro chips, caprice salad on a stick. Now, bruddahs, that's a pre-supper nosh.

Supper will be marinated shrimp kabobs, chicken on stick and grilled veg.

This is the kind of indy, small place you go back to every other day, to see what's new. We sure will.

Norfolk, Virginia
“Great poke on a budget”
Reviewed 25 January 2013 via mobile

I was recommended to try this place by some locals, and was a bit apprehensive when I walked in, but I was not disappointed! The poke was fresh, and since I was obviously a tourist, the guy behind the counter let me sample a bit of everything before deciding what I wanted. Everything was so fresh tasting and unique, I ended up with a combo bowl- a bit of creamy salmon and some habanero mussels over rice. Many thanks to the guys who run this place for giving me a taste of something I crave back on the mainland.

salsomaggorie
“Great poke and other take out”
Reviewed 29 May 2012

Pride in what they make, everything is good, worth a try.

Visited March 2012
Island of Hawaii, Hawaii
“Hibachi for a Price!”
Reviewed 9 April 2012 via mobile

The Hibachi Grill is a small, side street shop that carries all the necessities for a full service outdoor Hawaiian BBQ. I personally enjoy the creative poke selection and pre-soaked meats. Unfortunately, the food is so good that it comes with a price. Expect to pay no less than $9 a pound for basic, shoyu style poke. They have a great selection of alcoholic beverages like beer, wine and hard liquors. Don't be suprised that you can find the same items cheaper at the store right down the road. All in all it is still a convinent, small town store with an interesting infusion of necessary items for outdoor cooking.

I still go there regardless of their prices!

1 Thank SecretBeer

Been to The Hibachi? Share your experiences!