“Really good restaurant!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

The owner of our rental house recommended us this restaurant and we have been highly surprised! Our waiter, Merit, was really pleasant and thoughtful. The food was really good too. It is a little bit pricey but it is worthed. I have ordered the lobster ravioli which was delicious and my boyfriend got a chicken julienne and vegetables on linguini. The portions are also reasonable! It sounds weird to eat italian food while you are in Hawai, but it is definitively a good spot!

Reviewed 7 January 2014

You would think it a little odd eating Italian while in Hawaii. That it may be but this is one place you will need to try. The service was outstanding and and the food excellent. There was six in our party and everyone's meal was delicious. Be warned that the portion sizes is amazing. Several at our table ordered the smaller portion and was still plenty of leftovers. Can't wait for our next trip to Hawaii so we can dine there again.

Reviewed 15 December 2013

We were a party of seven and were made to feel like we were the center of attention by the wait staff. We were provided with accurate information and suggestions as we ordered, the food was prepared wonderfully, and our every need was quickly taken care of!
I had the parmigiano chicken and it was the best dinner I found in Kailua. My wife, usually very picky about her meals, thought the bay shrimp and minestrone soup to be excellent. We all found our orders to be delicious and well-prepared. Each serving was large, so we had plenty to eat.
The food is really good, but as others have said, it wasn't the BEST Italian food I have ever had. It was close, however. Do not be deterred by reviews from earlier years. The 2013 reviews are telling the truth about this restaurant being well-worth a visit.
The prices are a bit high, but not really beyond average cost for a really good restaurant dinner in Kailua. We made reservations and I would recommend that be done by all. Parking was tough. There is a parking deck behind the restaurant with a sign that says there is restaurant parking on the second level. There are signs on the second level that limit the parking to four spots and two are blocked in by the other two spots. I would recommend finding a space on a nearby street.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

Okay, they are not on the mainland or in Italy. But they are the best on the island and VERY good! Assagio's has an excellent full menu and wine list for a formal dining experience although many come in casual. LOVE the caesar salad....they make the dressing at your tableside, egg and all. Excellent sausage and peppers and their house sauce is good as well. VERY attentive servers.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

I have read the 2008 reviews that TRASH this resturant, and I have to counter. It is definitely not the best Italian meal you will ever eat. For that you must be in Italy. I lived in Italy 7 years and I know what Italian food can achieve. So, for a resturant serving Italian food 1/2 the world away from Italy, I have to say it's good. I eat here regularly. It is pricey, especially as we like the steaks. But you are going out to eat at a nice resturant. If you want cheap, get take out pizza (of which Bob's is closest to real Italian pizza).

So - if you want a good meal - Italian style - this is really nice place with people that will serve you well. Buon appetito.

1  Thank LiveFullyAlive